If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Moving onto PIP in April

SystemSystem Posts: 545

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Home visit.


  • NarharNarhar Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Every body Narhar 
    responding to Clare's post
    I'm posting because Im confused 
    Im moving on to pip in April 
    I'm going though a bad time mentally.
    Ive got trauma stress from my childhood abuse which causes me immense mental health problems 
    along with aniexty ,
    panic attacks 
    I've now got mobility problems as well 

    A date for the pip assesment was allocated to me.
    My docter issued a sick note because  I was too ill to go ...so the pip was
    rescheduled and took
    place at my home
    Pip on my form I sent to them has awarded me points for my mobility 
    But for my mental health,which is bad there is no 
    acknowledgement  at all. Should I have got an award ? or it been  mentioned 
    My mental health was put forward on the form by the mental health team I was involved with 

     I was awarded enhanced pip on mobility only 
    Can I only apply for one thing ? Pip have
    only awarded me
    6 months , which I think is odd
    I will be 65 then would
    this be a problem for me If I need to reapply Should I challenge it. My damage spine won't get better after 20years and neither will my mental health

    Straight away  I received an ESA assessment.

    It said on the letter the ESA had been asked by the DWP to carry out an assessment  mydaughter cancelled
    it because I was in a really bad way mentally 
    I received anotheri appointment straight away I'm still not well 
    and still covered with a sick note. ESA say I have to go to it even though I have a sick note...is this true?
    Im going to struggle to go . Can I arrange a home vist with t ESA ? 
    People say DWP follow you 
    I've been followed when I've been out I felt like a criminal
     Im not suppose to go out then  why not it's helping me.going to the park Cheers 

  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Scoring points in the descriptors for PIP depends on how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

    As you already have a mobility award then you can re-apply. You can request a change of circumstances for a worsening condition but you need to get face to face advice before reporting any changes. When reporting changes you'll be sent more PIP2 forms, which will need to be filled in and returned and you'll most likely need to attend another face to face assessment.

    Award lengths of time vary from person to person.

    For your ESA then yes i'm afraid you will have to have a face to face assessment for this too. Your sick note won't cover you for the assessment. Please be aware that because you've already canceled 1 ESA assessment then you won't be able to cancel another one. Failure to attend the assessment and the DWP will find you fit for work for failing to attend and your ESA will stop. 

    For a home assessment you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre. Even then it's still possible that you'll be refused. Do be careful when ringing to request the home assessment because you can't cancel the new appointment you've received.

    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger

    When did you receive your PIP decision letter ?
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    Have you asked for an MR ?

    If you ask for an MR they can look at your whole award, including the mobility element. There is a cut off for the mobility element in as much as when you reach SRA the mobility award you have cannot be increased. You should get trained help from an advice centre near you.

    ESA, as poppy says you will need a very specific letter from your GP. You can request that the assessment be recorded and some times this can cause a significant delay ( maybe as much as 6 months )

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.