Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA and sick notes

SystemSystem Posts: 542

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: ESA assessment 23 april.

Replies

• Dotty123Dotty123 Member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Can I ask question mr declined to change there decision on my esa I’ve 20 week sick note in I’ve just done my tribunal cab says I’m danger for work with no hands am I also cb says I can claim USA till tribunal Cani eventhoihave sick note sorry for asking thank you even if can’t reply 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,997

Scope community team

edited April 2019
    Hi @Dotty123, I understand ESA stopped your money in February and your Mandatory Reconsideration was rejected. What stage of the tribunal are you at currently?

I've moved your question to its own post and I'm going to tag @BenefitsTrainingCo so hopefully they'll be able to answer your queries.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    Just sent tribunal off today
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Dotty123Dotty123,

Please don't claim UC - you don't need to. Now that you have submitted your appeal form, you should be able to go back on your ESA. Ring ESA and tell them you've appealed. You may not get the same rate you got before, but you should get something. This is called ESA pending the appeal. 

You'll need your sick note to get this ESA. 

This should work as long as this is the first time you've failed a work capability assessment, or the first time since a previous decision that you had limited capability for work.

CAB should be able to help you with getting the ESA. It's also possible you can't claim UC anyway, but that would depend on whether you get DLA/PIP, you live alone and no one gets carer's allowance for you. For now, I would concentrate on trying to get your ESA back. You can get this until the appeal decision, and if you win the appeal, it will continue.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
    Did my mr failed I’sent off tribunal appeal can I still get esa I’ve got 3mth sick note in and before that 6week one thank you 
    Will I can’t get esa till tribunal get in touch is that right 
    Hi you deserted me iv put in for tribunal can I get esa till it’s decided 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Once the Tribunal accept your appeal then you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate of ESA (£73.10 per week)
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Hi thank you 
Sign in or join us to comment.