PIP Mandatory Reconsideration - Tribunal Date — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration - Tribunal Date

Jedi_Master
Jedi_Master Member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi All

Last August I had my PIP assessment, my claim was not successful so I sent off my Mandatory Reconsideration notice straightaway.

I have been waiting for my Tribunal Date since November last year (2018). How long does it take for the reconsideration claim to be processed and when should I receive my date?

Should I call the PIP contact number on my Mandatory Reconsideration letter?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,572

Scope community team

Hello @Jedi_Master and welcome to the community. :) Sorry to hear your PIP claim was unsuccessful and you're having to appeal. 

I'm a little confused so just to clarify, have you had your mandatory reconsideration decision and then put in for an appeal or are you still waiting for your mandatory reconsideration decision? 

If the former and you're waiting on appeal/tribunal date there is unfortunately a huge backlog for these and some people have been waiting nearly a year. It depends on the backlog in your area as to how long you might be waiting. 
    There's no harm in giving them a call and asking for an estimate though. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,575 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Tribunal waiting times are huge right across the country. Some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. You can ring HMCTS and they'll tell you how long the wait is approximately for your area. It's nothing to do with DWP. As it was only November then you could be in for a long wait yet, unfortunately.
  • Jedi_Master
    Okay, I will give the HMCTS a call for an approximation on the waiting time.

Thanks for the rely.
  • Jedi_Master
    Hello @Jedi_Master and welcome to the community. :) Sorry to hear your PIP claim was unsuccessful and you're having to appeal. 

I'm a little confused so just to clarify, have you had your mandatory reconsideration decision and then put in for an appeal or are you still waiting for your mandatory reconsideration decision? 

If the former and you're waiting on appeal/tribunal date there is unfortunately a huge backlog for these and some people have been waiting nearly a year. It depends on the backlog in your area as to how long you might be waiting. 
    There's no harm in giving them a call and asking for an estimate though. 
    Hi Adrian

Yes I am waiting for my appeal/tribunal date, as I have had my mandatory reconsideration decision which didn't change from the DWP decision.

Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.