PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration - Tribunal Date

Jedi_MasterJedi_Master Member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi All

Last August I had my PIP assessment, my claim was not successful so I sent off my Mandatory Reconsideration notice straightaway.

I have been waiting for my Tribunal Date since November last year (2018). How long does it take for the reconsideration claim to be processed and when should I receive my date?

Should I call the PIP contact number on my Mandatory Reconsideration letter?

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,923

Scope community team

Hello @Jedi_Master and welcome to the community. :) Sorry to hear your PIP claim was unsuccessful and you're having to appeal. 

I'm a little confused so just to clarify, have you had your mandatory reconsideration decision and then put in for an appeal or are you still waiting for your mandatory reconsideration decision? 

If the former and you're waiting on appeal/tribunal date there is unfortunately a huge backlog for these and some people have been waiting nearly a year. It depends on the backlog in your area as to how long you might be waiting. 
    There's no harm in giving them a call and asking for an estimate though. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Tribunal waiting times are huge right across the country. Some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. You can ring HMCTS and they'll tell you how long the wait is approximately for your area. It's nothing to do with DWP. As it was only November then you could be in for a long wait yet, unfortunately.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Jedi_MasterJedi_Master Member Posts: 16 Connected
    Okay, I will give the HMCTS a call for an approximation on the waiting time.

Thanks for the rely.
  • Jedi_MasterJedi_Master Member Posts: 16 Connected
    Hello @Jedi_Master and welcome to the community. :) Sorry to hear your PIP claim was unsuccessful and you're having to appeal. 

I'm a little confused so just to clarify, have you had your mandatory reconsideration decision and then put in for an appeal or are you still waiting for your mandatory reconsideration decision? 

If the former and you're waiting on appeal/tribunal date there is unfortunately a huge backlog for these and some people have been waiting nearly a year. It depends on the backlog in your area as to how long you might be waiting. 
    There's no harm in giving them a call and asking for an estimate though. 
    Hi Adrian

Yes I am waiting for my appeal/tribunal date, as I have had my mandatory reconsideration decision which didn't change from the DWP decision.

Thanks

Sign in or join us to comment.