Archived Ask a mental health adviser [CLOSED]
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

In a state

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, I'm Mick, Ask me questions about mental health today.

Replies

• lissylissy Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi 
    I am in a right state, I have an appointment at 2pm with the local authority psychology/psychotherapy dept. It’s been a long time coming after my begging for help for almost 20 years.

My daughter and I had a massive bust up last week which has made me question so many things about myself. 

Apparently I need to get myself up, brush myself down and move on. Drop my little “pity party” take a look at myself as I’ve got nothing.

My head is all over the place. I was told I had bi polar which was then changed to uni polar and after many years of avoiding social situations I asked my doctor if I might be suffering with PTSD. To which he replied “ yes I would imagine that would be fair to say”

I don’t know even what my reason for writing this message is, maybe someone might say it’s going to be okay or something.

I am scared that connecting with some of my past memories will make me feel worse than I already feel.

Mental health is a lonely and isolating illness.

• SingingSinging Member Posts: 135 Courageous
    Lissy - 🦋💗💖

My love to you x 
  • lissylissy Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thank you singing, 🙂x
Sign in or join us to comment.