PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Being assessed again

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: what happens too PIP when you reach 65, does it stop?.

Replies

• SHEILAMSSHEILAMS Member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited May 2019
    Hi, i have MS, my mobility is awful, an balance, when i was on DLA, it was forever, now i'm getting assessed every 3 years, i have friends who have MS, they're still on DLA, and the [removed by moderator] are gona assess me again,  between 31st July and January 2020, i'm livid, Grrrrr, sorry for the rant, x

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    Hi,

Unfortunately for PIP this is normal unless you have a 10 year award with a light touch review. Not everyone has moved across from DLA to PIP yet but if they were under 65 on 8th April 2013 they will eventually be asked to apply for PIP.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • twonkertwonker Posts: 617 Member
    SHEILAMS said:
    Hi, i have MS, my mobility is awful, an balance, when i was on DLA, it was forever, now i'm getting assessed every 3 years, i have friends who have MS, they're still on DLA, and the [removed by moderator] are gona assess me again,  between 31st July and January 2020, i'm livid, Grrrrr, sorry for the rant, x

3 to 5 years is the norm for a PIP award. You do have to be seriously disabled with a recognised disabling disease such as Parkinsons Dementia etc to get anywhere near a 10 year award. 
Sign in or join us to comment.