Fear like the rest of the horror stories on hear that we're going to lose — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Fear like the rest of the horror stories on hear that we're going to lose

System
System Posts: 758 Scope online community team
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Medical assessment.

Comments

• Cairney58
    Cairney58 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    My wife is registered blind. Type 1 diabetic,  on kidney dialysis,  in a wheelchair,  I quit work to care for her, went to renew car in January and told we were 6days short of a yr for renewal,  applied for a month extension but decided they would retest , it's now June and still don't have a decision,  got a txt 6wks ago to say they are working on it. And a letter 2wks ago telling us the same thing with a 6wk wait for answe . but fear like the rest of the horror stories on hear that we're going to lose and have a fight on our hands 
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    All you can do in your case @Cairney58 is keep on at them. Keep them to their time lines. If they say six weeks, ring them bob on the sixth week. They told me they could do it in their time line, but I constantly tell them " we have to stick to our time lines given to us by them, or else " .  So do unto others etc.

If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.