Permitted work. Did you apply to the job centre first, or find the hub first? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Permitted work. Did you apply to the job centre first, or find the hub first?

Options
Sharon21
Sharon21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2022 in Work and employment
Hi has anybody on ESA done permitted work on here. If so, did you apply to the job center first, or find the hub first, then tell DWP. 
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Guy_Scope
    Guy_Scope Scope Posts: 26 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Sharon21 There's information about permitted work on our website here https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/permitted-work/  . I would advise finding the position first and then informing the job centre.

Guy
    Employment Team Manager
    Scope's Support To Work
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sharon21 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope the link @GuyatScope as provided was useful. Is there anything else we can support you with?
    Scope

• Sharon21
    Sharon21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you chloe, no not at the moment thank you. 
  • kikidee
    kikidee Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi Sharon, I want to know this answer too. As there is no one able to reply as affirming this question it makes me doubtful and gives no confidence in it. It is very mysterious. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kikidee said:
    Hi Sharon, I want to know this answer too. As there is no one able to reply as affirming this question it makes me doubtful and gives no confidence in it. It is very mysterious. 
    You commented on a thread that’s almost 3 years old and the original poster hasn’t been active since November 2020. 
    It would be very difficult to compare someone else to yourself even if you did manage to find another member that’s currently doing permitted work. 
    There shouldn’t be a problem doing permitted work providing the work you do doesn’t contradict the reasons why you’re claiming ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.