How long for a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

How long for a decision?

System
System Posts: 701

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Do DWP decision makers over rule assessors reports a lot?.

Comments

• saro
    saro Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Iam new here i had ESA  assessment on 09/05/2019 until now i didnt get 

decision from Dwp .any one know how long take for decision

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It depends on backlog in your area. Requesting a copy of the assessment report from DWP will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • CHERRY
    CHERRY Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I've just had my assessment and received a text 4 days later to say a decision will take up to 6 seeks.
    Hope this helps ☺️
    Rochdale area.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,552

Scope community team

Hello @saro and welcome to the community :) Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer. If you're able to, requesting a copy of the report like Poppy suggests will help give you an indication of what decision will be made. 

Thank you for sharing that @CHERRY, it's useful to know the estimated wait times in various areas.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.