Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Scope for Change 2019

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Scope for Change 2019.

Replies

• Miriam_ScopeMiriam_Scope Member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited May 2019

A young woman besides text that reads I could give you a thousand reasons to join Scope for Change but not a single reason why not to So go for it

Scope for Change

Scope for Change is our flagship campaign training programme for disabled people aged 18 to 25.

About the programme

The Scope for Change programme brings young disabled campaigners together from across England and Wales.

We provide six months of support to help you plan and run your campaigns, including a fully accessible residential training event over three days.

To take part, all you need is the drive to help make everyday equality a reality.

Last year, campaigners created change by:

• lobbying MPs, councillors and NHS representatives locally
    • meeting with Government Ministers
    • creating media opportunities and public speaking.

Dates for your diaries

Please make sure you are able to attend both the launch and residential events. This is required as part of your involvement in the programme.

Launch event

The launch event takes place on Thursday 18 July in East London. This will be an opportunity for you to hear from leading speakers and get to know the other campaigners.

Residential training event

The residential event will take place from Friday 9 to Sunday 11 August at the Burleigh Court Hotel and Conference Centre in Loughborough. All accommodation and food will be provided.

You can bring a family member or personal assistant with you, at no extra cost. 

Applying for Scope for Change

Scope for Change is free to all applicants. You can apply using our online form.

Or you can use our Word version of the application form, if you prefer. Please contact [email protected].

Travel and expenses

We cover all training and travel expenses.

We will book and pay for your travel, including organising taxis. There are several free parking spaces, including accessible ones.

Accessibility

We strive to meet all your access needs. We want to make sure you get the most out of the programme.

Frequently Asked Questions

I’m not sure what to say on my application, do you have any advice?
    We’re looking to see how passionate you are about campaigning and how much you could gain from the programme. We want to see if Scope for Change is for people who might be new to campaigning or want to develop their skills, whilst connecting with other campaigners.

How old do you need to be to apply?
    Scope for Change is for 18 to 25 year olds. You need to have had your 18th birthday by the 9th of August 2019. If you have had your 26th birthday by this date, you are ineligible.

Can I bring someone with me to the residential?

Yes, you can bring one person, such as a parent, PA or partner to support you through the weekend. There costs will also be covered.

How much does Scope for Change cost?
    Scope for Change is entirely free. Your travel costs, hotel costs and food will be paid for whilst you are on Scope events. Any additional opportunities with Scope that arise from the programme will also cover your travel costs.

Where will the residential event take place?
    The residential will be held in Burleigh Court Hotel and Conference Centre in Loughborough. It is an accessible venue that Scope has used before, and we work closely with the staff there to ensure a fully accessible event.

My question isn’t here. Who can I speak to?
    Please contact the Scope for Change project manager, Miriam Steiner, on 02076197354 or [email protected]
Sign in or join us to comment.