Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What colour is your hair??

Hart86Hart86 Member Posts: 394 Pioneering
I was talking to @sam12 about hair colour and wondered if anyone on here has brightly coloured hair?? 

I’ve allllllways wanted bright red hair but never had the courage (and don’t think I ever will), is everyone else au natural? 

Replies

• exdvrexdvr Member Posts: 313 Pioneering
    Ha Ha @Hart86       My hair has gone from jet black to shiny pure silver but I put that down to life in general, combined with 3 kids [now adults] plus 4 grandchildren.   Does that count?

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• zakbloodzakblood Member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    sorry what bit i've got is under my helmet, but no sorry i was born strawberry blond, but now what bit i have left aged 52 is mostly mousey brown maybe tinted with quite a lot of grey and more since the DWP lol
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,923

Scope community team

Most of my efforts are focused on just managing to keep my hair at the moment! :lol:
    There was a period in my teens where I thought about dyeing the 'do something a whole lot more interesting, but I think that ship has sailed and adding chemicals to the mix probably ain't the best idea if I want to keep the barnet for much longer. :wink:

My teenage niece dyed all her hair silver/grey a little while ago @exdvr. Apparently that's the fashion now!
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • Hart86Hart86 Member Posts: 394 Pioneering
    I’ve been going grey since my early 20s, it’s about half way there now (and I’m only in my 30s!) so been dying it for years.

I’ve actually considered dying it all a silvery grey, it looks beautiful on so many people and mine is just coming through a dull and colourless white rather than stunning silver!!

• sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Go temptin chocolate live xxl beautiful colour people notice 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,068 Disability Gamechanger
    I have just had mine done silver with purple highlights I am nearly grey anyway so thought it would look better when roots come through 
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    I get mine coloured auburn, but used to have a rich red which I loved for years, but getting older now, at 50, so have toned it down a bit now - lol!  Need to get my roots done soon.  :blush:  
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm going lighter as I get older from natural light brown to various shades of brown to now 2 shades of blonde highlights to cover the grey lol. I feel much lighter hearted as a blonde and my colouring is paler as I get older.  I really like the rainbow hair colours out just now and just silver is lush x
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    My hair is black. When I was 18, I actually convinced my mother to let me dye it blue. She agreed knowing I would dye it black again before long. I acquired one of those cheap hair dyes from a local all purpose shop that sold almost everything. Then I dyed it under her supervision. 
  • bonnielassiebonnielassie Member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Hi @Hart86 - I'm a hairdresser and often got asked to put bright red on greying hair. It is really difficult to get the full colour and it can come out looking really wishy washy. If you're 50% grey you might find it easier to go the whole hog and get a grey colour and let your own hair grow through. Having said that I keep telling myself to do it as I'm a lovely shade of white under all this artificial stuff! But I really don't suit blonde so I've come out again with a warm brown - ie a base of about 6 with a coppery tone put through and it looks lovely. I've got the red look but am still dark enough to suit my hair! Anyway, have a word with your hairdresser and make sure they know what you want and he or she will help you choose. I know lots of people on here are on low income so if you want to get it done well but cheap go to your local hairdressing college. They'll have assessors watching over them to make sure it's ok - and will take over if not!! Good luck.
  • RainbowJoRainbowJo Member Posts: 79 Courageous
    currently my hair is brown and blond ends. 

but id like this again. 

Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud. 
    ~Maya Angelou~

Hi @Hart86 - I'm a hairdresser and often got asked to put bright red on greying hair. It is really difficult to get the full colour and it can come out looking really wishy washy. If you're 50% grey you might find it easier to go the whole hog and get a grey colour and let your own hair grow through.
    I’ve definitely thought about it but the idea of being fully grey in my 30s makes me sad 😔 I struggle to get any colour to “keep” in my hair, even professionally it’s faded after 2-3 washes. My hair is strange! 😂
    RainbowJo said:
    currently my hair is brown and blond ends. 

but id like this again. 

Fabulous colour!!! Was the upkeep difficult? How does the brown with blonde ends look?
    As a teen I had various colour ends, blue, red and purple! 😁
  • Kell430Kell430 Member Posts: 59 Courageous
    My hair is Purple xxx
    Sounds awesome! 😍
  • RainbowJoRainbowJo Member Posts: 79 Courageous
    @Hart86 no it wasnt hard. it was a purple that turned out blue so we then did it again with a pinky purple and got that. it lasted sometime as i used a purple shampoo on it. apparently if u want ur colour to last u should mix a bit in with ur conditioner. 

its a few months old but this is my current colour. 

Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud. 
    ~Maya Angelou~

• bonnielassiebonnielassie Member Posts: 26 Courageous
    @Hart86 hi - grey is so fashionable at the moment this is the time to do it if you're going to do it at all! Good luck with it! What area of the country are you in?
  • GettinOldeGettinOlde Member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    Somehow a new teacher in primary school got the kids involved in discussing appearance which led in asking her what our hair and eye colour was. I was so disappointed to told mine was mousey-brown, not blond or fair, with grey eyes, not blue. :(
    At least I had long lashes with blond tips. YAY B)
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlisonNettyAlisonNetty Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Black going grey..
  • GettinOldeGettinOlde Member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    I have constant bed-head unless I keep what I have left clippered. :s
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    I have had coloured hair all my adult life. Refuse to go grey....older sis recently decided to let her`s go grey and it is a gorgeous colour...soft steel....looks deliberate, but not. She suits it. Mine`s a dark red.
Sign in or join us to comment.