Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How do I motivate my Autistic son?

SystemSystem Posts: 521

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Support for my son 24 years old has autism.

Replies

• raxaraxa Member Posts: 37 Connected
    Hi thank you for your reply, Re bentley house i still haven't heard anything from them, I am having so much difficulties , me and Rahul's support worker we have failed to motivate him to do anything, please advise any strategy to motivate him .  thank you
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @raxa, I'll create a new discussion with this question and I hope the community will be able to offer some guidance for you and your son :) 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Imogen_SteeleImogen_Steele Member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Hi @raxa, I don’t know what sort of things your son enjoys but have you thought about contacting your local RDA and trying some horse riding or horse therapy. It really helps me both physically and emotionally.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    Have you contacted your local RDA? They can give you a break emotionally and physically. 
    Hi @raxa, how are you getting on with this? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
  • raxaraxa Member Posts: 37 Connected
    Hi I really need your support regarding my son has been into residential placement since when he was 10 years old at hasting he was there until the age of 19 years old after that he was at another residental place for another 3 years , he didn't had smooth transition back home in 2017 since then we are struggling to find suitable supported internship, he only wants to do computer technology and there isn't suitable because he hasn't got any enough qulification even to do further course he would require GCSE grade C.   

I have seen 2 supported leaving and we will be going to another one on Monday as he was checking the address he said OH this is a HOUSE .  He wants something like community doesn't want to move into house.

please advise we are as a family really struggling and it's becoming very difficult for the family and caress to manage him.

your support is very important to me and my family 
  • maidenchild1969maidenchild1969 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi my sons nearly 18 also no GCSEs as support to late at school. He’s a brilliant gamer but struggling to motivate him for college as last year promised support then college pulled his IT course changed it to a mix art and social studies which didn’t work. 
    Hi @maidenchild1969 and a warm welcome to the community! 

Thank you for sharing this with us and I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar problem. Does your son have an EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan)?

Here are some links that you may find helpful:
    If you have any further questions then please do let us know! :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
  • maidenchild1969maidenchild1969 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks thanks for your reply he’s left school does have ehcp but I fear he will lose that if not enrolled in college at its review date.
Sign in or join us to comment.