PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

How long for a response?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: What are people's experiences of switching from DLA to PIP?.

Replies

• JulieTuesdayJulieTuesday Member Posts: 47 Connected
    Hi, I'm new, I have been on DLA with an indefinate length of claim, both parts at the lower level, I am a few months short of the time frame,  68yrs old,  to keep going with DLA. I have just filled in my PIP form and now worry I won't get a thing! My condition is far worse due to my age now and more medical problems, I think I said enough words to describe my problems but am terrified of a face to face meeting as I have anxiety and depression plus other illnesses. How many older people (OAP's) get their PIP without having to have one of those assessments. I sent copies of Consultants letters about my condition but some were quite old...I gave them my GP tel number he would talk to them I think., does it take a long time for them to give you a response? Thanking you in advance.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based one. My advice is to expect one, this way if you are sent an appointment letter then it won't be too much of a shock.

They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is always on the claimant to prove they qualify and not their responsibility.

Waiting times for assessments depend on backlog in your area. Some wait weeks, while other wait months. Your DLA will continue until a decision's been made on the PIP. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.