PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Moving from lifetime DLA to PIP, scared of losing my carer.

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip waiting times..

Replies

• DanteDante Member Posts: 14 Listener
    edited June 2019
    I am moving from a lifetime award of dla and i am 65 years on April 20th i rang to accept the invitation to apply for pip 4 days later i got a letter requesting travel documents my passport my registration card and a letter from the home office saying i had a right to reside here none of which I understood as I was born here i duly sent in my birth certificate and my medical card i did ring to find out how it happened apparently someone there on doing the telephone application ticked the wrong box no apology they sent my documents back and about 2 weeks later got the form filled it in sent it back complete with a letter from my GP a very good letter i have to say my problems are mental heath a week later capita rang me and said they thought a face to face would be too stressful for me so they were going to write off for further medical proof from my GP instead i can't think why as the letter said it all i have heard nothing more that was about six weeks ago i wonder if my time starts from the day i rang to make the claim or from when I returned the form i am one of the lucky ones cos they continue to pay my dla until four weeks after I receive the decision it seems such a long long time since I applied and im so scared of losing my carer without whom I couldn't get out of the house.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,951 Scope community team
    Hello @Dante and a warm welcome to the community. 
    Have you been in touch with your GP surgery to see if they've received the request for more information and whether this has been returned? 
    Hopefully you won't be kept waiting too much longer. Please let us know when you hear from them. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.