What group could I possibly be put in? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

What group could I possibly be put in?

System
System Posts: 735 Scope online community team
edited July 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can LCWRA be backdated?.

Comments

• blesia
    blesia Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi everyone new to this site as I wanted to jump on This post for some advice. I applied for UC with a sick note 3rd December 2018 and I had sent in medical information by post over the year. I was supposed to go to a medical but my dr did write me a support letter explaining I was under mental health due to my mental health that bad I was nearly sectioned so I would need a home visit...that medical was cancelled..got a new medical date a month later...that was cancelled (this was feb-March 2019) then April I phoned up and asked what was going on with my claim I was told it looks like I don’t need a medical. June the 11th I was told over the phone I was awarded but then I phoned up again week later and asked what was going on now any news? I was told it was being chased up by case manager but no news...It’s now July no news, Not siren what group I’ll be Put in..No idea on anything about my claim they have not been very helpful at all all I can do is wait. Anyone have any idea how long and what group I could possibly be put in if i didn’t need a medical. Thank you
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,595 Scope online community team
    Hi @blesia and welcome to the community. I know you mentioned jumping on the other post, but I've moved this over to its own thread so it'll get a bit more attention and hopefully some answers or support from the community.

Community Manager
    Scope

Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,706 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If it's your first work capability assessment then you'll be given limited capability for work related activity if no face to face is needed.

What you need to do is ring and ask UC if a work capability assessment form has been returned from the health assessment providers. If no report has been returned then no decision can be made. There's no timescales how long it can take, it depends on backlog in your area. If you're successfully given LCWRA then you'll be backdated £336 per month from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first fit note.
  • blesia
    Thank you for your reply I needed some advice as I get told different things each time I phone UC. I will give them a ring and ask thank you
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I went for mine and despite getting PIP they found me fit for work - so I am having fun asking them what job I can do with 1 weak arm and hand and the other used to support me - and I can't sit down or stand up for more than 20 minutes due to bones growing into my nerves in my spine!

Answer? they want me to serve sausage rolls to poshos at a race course - they are morons! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Good morning @blesia. Did you manage to get through to them? Any news?
    Community Manager
    Scope

• blesia
    Hi there, I gave them another ring and my case manager said she has chased my claim up but she will again chase it up again and that I should be aware of the time scales. I agreed I understand about the time scales but 8 months is very frustrating to wait for a answer of some kind especially when your ill and in a bad place. I’m hoping I will see a letter in my journal soon as on the 12th of this month I usually find out how much UC I get for the month in my journal and then I am paid on the 18th so I’m hoping that it should be any day! ? feeling hopeless
  • poppy123456
    You could ring the health assessment providers to ask if the report has been returned to DWP. If it has then that's good news. Otherwise if it hasn't then ask them what's going on and they'll tell you if a face to face assessment is needed or not.

The health assessment advisory service do WCA and the link with contact number is here. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa

It would definitely be quicker to find out what's going on if you ring the health assessment providers yourself, rather than wait for your case manager.

I know the wait is very frustrating but backlog cause delays unfortunately.

• blesia
    Hi Poppy, I’ve just used that link and gave them a phone call but they said ‘ it’s not with us anymore it’s gone back to the Dwp on the 11th of june’ and I suspected that anyway as I was told by dwp begining of this month that they have enough proof and satisfied I don’t need a face to face and now apparently my case is in Scotland. This is the last message I got of my case manager in my journal.     
    5 Jul 2019 at 2:47pm
    Good Afternoon Billie, 
    As stated I have chased this up for you, as soon as I have an update to give you I will let you know. Your Universal Credit payments will continue whilst we are awaiting this decision. 
    Kind Regards
  • blesia
    so I’m just waiting for a decision and it’s been since begining of last month i guess it’s just a waiting game now which is SO frustrating i just have to take my mind of it somehow
  • poppy123456
    Hopefully it won't be too long. As i advised because it's your first work capability assessment which was paper based then then decision should be LCWRA. You'll receive the extra element in your payments backdated to the 4th month of your claim start from when you sent in your first fit/sick note.
  • blesia
    Yeah I’m starting to realise now it’s coming to a end thank you for your help. If I hear anything I will post that on here. Thanks
  • blesia
    I’ve been put in the support group! ?? 
  • blesia
    I’ve been put in the support group! ?? 
  • Adrian_Scope
    That's brilliant @blesia! Hopefully the LCWRA will be added in time for your next payment and they'll sort out any back payment quickly. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

• poppy123456
    Just as i thought. Great news. The equivalent to this for UC is limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA)
  • Clarissa1
    Clarissa1 Member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Hello everyone, just read down this post very interesting, as like you blesia I've had very similar problems was awarded PIP in December 2018, first sick note 27th Feb 2019 to UC,  unable to stand longer than hour, (my job involves standing, walking around ) it is now 5mth UC have not put me in a group as they consider me fit for work, GP & Consultant have said I'm not fit for work, ( work are paying SSP for me & keeping in touch they have been very supportive) I've not been diagnosed yet, upper motor neuron is what spinal Consultant suggested when he referred me to neurology Consultant, loads of test being carried out.
    UC have said I'm to go to Job Centre see advisor as need to complete a change in circumstances. 
    Confused..
  • poppy123456
    Clarissa1 said:
    Hello everyone, just read down this post very interesting, as like you blesia I've had very similar problems was awarded PIP in December 2018, first sick note 27th Feb 2019 to UC,  unable to stand longer than hour, (my job involves standing, walking around ) it is now 5mth UC have not put me in a group as they consider me fit for work, GP & Consultant have said I'm not fit for work, ( work are paying SSP for me & keeping in touch they have been very supportive) I've not been diagnosed yet, upper motor neuron is what spinal Consultant suggested when he referred me to neurology Consultant, loads of test being carried out.
    UC have said I'm to go to Job Centre see advisor as need to complete a change in circumstances. 
    Confused..
    Hi,

When was the decision made that found you fit for work?

Did you request the Mandatory Reconsideration(MR)? This is the first step to the appeal and must be completed before you can request the Tribunal.

Generally you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR but with good reason you have 13 months. I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you and start the MR process off. If that fails and most do then it's Tribunal.

You won't be able to send in more fit notes for the same condition you previously applied for, unless it's a worsening of condition, or a completely new condition.

Do be aware that for limited capability for work they assess your ability to do any type of job and not just your current one.

This link will help you find what's local to you for face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

• Clarissa1
    Clarissa1 Member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Hello Poppy, I've found you, UC told me in April that I was in light touch work group, I was in Hospital at the time after another fall to which I'd notify them on UC Journal. I've asked for an MR as was unware seeing them at JC on 5th August so will enquire again which group I'm in then go from there if its still light touch work then I'll ask for a MR my condition has got worse 
  • poppy123456
    light touch work group? Do you mean work preparation group which will be limited capability for work (LCW)? If so then it doesn't mean you're fit for work.

When requesting the MR they won't take into consideration a worsening of condition. They will only be able to take into consideration what your condition was at the time the decision was made.

If your condition's got worse since the decision was made then your only option is to put in a change of circumstances. Before doing this though you really do need to get some face to face advice from an agency near you because if you have LCW already then you do risk losing this.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.