Parents and carers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Can I get help with driving lessons as a carer?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
edited July 2019 in Parents and carers
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can carers get help towards driving lessons.

Replies

• phelanphelan Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi there I am a full time carer and wondering how you get help with your driving lessons 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @phelan and a very warm welcome to the community! 

Here is what I found on a disability grant website:
    Carers who need to learn to drive to transport the person they care for should ask their local Social Services for a Carer's Assessment. Depending on the result of the assessment the cost of driving lessons may be funded through the disabled person's Direct Payments.

Your local carers group can sometimes help with the cost of driving lessons for carers.  You need to apply for a grant through your local Network partner (a carers' centre or Crossroads scheme in your area).  

You can find your local carers group through the Carers Trust website.

I hope this helps! :)

Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    Ask your local carers group. Your local social services department might also be able to assist. Ring them tomorrow
Sign in or join us to comment.