Extra information box pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Extra information box pip

starlight33 Member Posts: 17 Connected
Has anyone included that they had an SEN and support for a disabled students allowance in the extra information box. Say if it's evidence of dexterity issues, fatigue and stamina?  Needing rest breaks and a substantial amount of extra time for exams and assignments?  I'm struggling to link with descriptors, or do I need to as it's evidence I take significantly longer to do tasks?

Also, driving, do you need to write down if you need rest breaks and have adaptations, or just wait until asked at F2F?


  • cristobal
    cristobal Member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    @starlight33 - I don't believe driving is asked about on the PIP form, unless it's changed since I did it...

    As regards extra time in exams I think it would depend on why, and who recommended it.

    (I believe it's quite a common thing now to have extra time, for any number of reasons, but it's a long time since I did my 'O' levels..)
  • starlight33
    starlight33 Member Posts: 17 Connected
    Due to being significantly slower at completing the work and the fact that concentration over an extended period drains me.  Recommended by Disabled students allowance assessors and educational psychologist in Statement of special education needs.  I had repeated extensions 50% extra time. A 3 hour exam turned into 6 hours. A 3 year course too me 6 years! You could say I'm a determined soul, but it did make me very poorly, unfortunately
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,872 Connected
    No I don’t think they ask about driving. That being said the extra information box can be used for anything really. I use the additional information box to tell them some more facts about SB and how we are affected. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.