PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

I have more PIP evidence, can this be given at the F2F?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: What are people's experiences of switching from DLA to PIP?.

Replies

• JulieTuesdayJulieTuesday Member Posts: 47 Connected
    I have an assessor coming to my home next week and have just undergone some more nerve tests for peripheral neuropathy with a new appointment already booked for the result of that test, but it's two weeks after my assessors visit. It looks highly likely my condition has deteriorated and I have one new letter from my consultant about my deterioration of health but done only a week ago and I have not sent this letter in with my pip form, can I give the assessor next week my new letter please and can I also send him the tests result when I get them in two weeks time? will they consider them this late, please? 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I have an assessor coming to my home next week and have just undergone some more nerve tests for peripheral neuropathy with a new appointment already booked for the result of that test, but it's two weeks after my assessors visit. It looks highly likely my condition has deteriorated and I have one new letter from my consultant about my deterioration of health but done only a week ago and I have not sent this letter in with my pip form, can I give the assessor next week my new letter please and can I also send him the tests result when I get them in two weeks time? will they consider them this late, please? 
    You will need to send the evidence to DWP or the health assessment providers. The HCP will not be able to accept any extra evidence from you during a home assessment, this will be for security reasons.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • jajajaja Member Posts: 76 Pioneering

I know of cases where the evidence has been accepted but not read and another where it was looked over and accepted.  I have also heard of evidence being refused as @poppy123456 explained.

My advice would be to post one to them and offer one at the assessment. If they refuse it then you will have posted it. You can do a next day delivery. I would also call and inform the DWP that you will be sending in in further information and the reason for the delay.

Take care
    J

jaja said:

I know of cases where the evidence has been accepted but not read and another where it was looked over and accepted.  I have also heard of evidence being refused as @poppy123456 explained.

Home assessments are different, for security reasons they can't accept evidence on the day of the assessment. As Julie has a home assessment best thing to do is send it to DWP or the health assessment providers before the assessment.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you, I'll post it off today to the company coming to me next week.  (a copy of it) thank you.
    Make sure you put your name and NI number on the top of everything you send.
  • steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    @JulieTuesday

Good Morning & Welcome 🌝 🌝 🌝

I had my home visit recently & I had some extra information but she would"t take this on the day!!!!

I had to send it the "DWP" after & I sent it  "Recorded Delivery""

I did it that way so that I knew 100% that it would get there the following day.

Sending it this way also meant that the "DWP" couldn't say that they hadn't received it. 

Please please put your "National Insurance Number" onto each "Document"

@steve51
    Thanks Steve I will do
    I disagree with sending anything to DWP be next day recorded delivery, it's a complete waste of money. This is because all mail going to DWP goes through a mail sorting process and someone from Royal mail will sign for the letter, then it gets put with all the other mail going to DWP. It's not classed as arriving until it's added to the computer, which takes just as long as any other mail.

Proof of posting is free and proves you posted it, this is all that's needed.
    Hi Poppy, I did guaranteed next day delivery which did cost a bit £7.  But it went to the company coming here next week (atos) not DWP.   :)
Sign in or join us to comment.