Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Good morning all. Some good news. I woke today and checked my bank account and can see I have received a PIP payment! £763.10 so they have paid me 13 weeks on standard rate. My initial report looked favourable with 8 points and even though it seemed positive I could not relax. I hope this gives people some hope whilst waiting for their letter. This was a first claim of any benefit and I continue to work full time, struggling but with support from my employer. A big thank you to @poppy123456 who explained things clearly to me via a pm. I didn't feel the comments on my report were that accurate but I've been awarded standard which I think is fair. In total from f2f my claim took 5 weeks 3 days.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.