PIP success — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP success

Options
Cressida
Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
Good morning all. Some good news. I woke today and checked my bank account and can see I have received a PIP payment! £763.10 so they have paid me 13 weeks on standard rate. My initial report looked favourable with 8 points and even though it seemed positive I could not relax. I hope this gives people some hope whilst waiting for their letter. This was a first claim of any benefit and I continue to work full time, struggling but with support from my employer. A big thank you to @poppy123456 who explained things clearly to me via a pm. I didn't feel the comments on my report were that accurate but I've been awarded standard which I think is fair. In total from f2f my claim took 5 weeks 3 days. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Amazing news @Cressida! ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tobias
    Tobias Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    Cressida said:
    Good morning all. Some good news. I woke today and checked my bank account and can see I have received a PIP payment! £763.10 so they have paid me 13 weeks on standard rate. My initial report looked favourable with 8 points and even though it seemed positive I could not relax. I hope this gives people some hope whilst waiting for their letter. This was a first claim of any benefit and I continue to work full time, struggling but with support from my employer. A big thank you to @poppy123456 who explained things clearly to me via a pm. I didn't feel the comments on my report were that accurate but I've been awarded standard which I think is fair. In total from f2f my claim took 5 weeks 3 days. 
    Very fortunate! ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,057 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic news! Always nice to hear positive stories and just proves that these success stories are out there but we don't often hear about them. Glad i could help. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    that`s great to read. xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's great news @Cressida! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.