PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Husband reassessed

SystemSystem Posts: 520

Scope community team

edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip assessment on Monday.

Replies

• val59val59 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    my husband was reassesed  .he had a indefinite award for dla hes 68 yrs old,,,, woman came to house to do assesment farce from start to finish he has a huge umbilical hernia he sent a photo of this she said it wasnt clear enough to see despite hernia being size of a large melon hernia was never mentioned in assment report she sent to dwp he was on top rate mobility and daily living and has now been downgraded to standard rate care and mobility so cars had to go she said he could walk 50 yards despite only seeing him walk  to sofa 6 feet away .hes got heart problems .breathing problems,arthritis diabetes hes on 26 tablets a day but according to her driving a manual car means you must have upper body strength  .(dont know how she comes to that descision ) now waiting for results of mandfatory reconsideration letter ...

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,294 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    @val59 ,
    Hello and welcome, most MRs are kept the same and you may well have to go onto the next stage of a tribunal,  remember PIP  is about your abilities and not your disability as was the case with a DLA . Concentrate on the PIP descriptors giving examples of why he can’t preform,  or what happens when he tries or attempts to do each one of the PIP descriptors.
  • Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hi @val59
    I am so sorry to hear that you and your husband are having such a difficult time with his move to PIP!
    @wilko is right, MR is very rarely successful. There is some really useful information on the Scope website about challenging PIP decisions. If you have any further questions when you get the MR letter back, please get in touch. There a lot of people on the Community with experience of PIP appeals who may be able to help.
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @val59, I hope the advice above has been helpful, and please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • HOLFHOLF Member Posts: 7 Listener
    My daughter has MS & is confined to a wheelchair. Her husband is her fulltime carer. She deteriorated rapidly & can't do anything that she used to. She was assessed for PIP & was refused twice! Apparently she was living a normal life!! They then went to Citizens Advice who helped them to appeal & this time it succeeded.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOLF and a very warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry it took a long time to get your daughter PIP! I imagine this was a very stressful time. I'm so glad it worked out in the end.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Hello @HOLF, I'm sorry to read your daughter had to fight so hard for PIP but I'm glad she's managed to get some support with her most recent appeal and that it was successful. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.