PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Looking for PIP MR support

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting help with those additional costs.

Replies

• northwestmum2northwestmum2 Member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Yes i think we might,am awaiting mandatory reconsiderations at moment,but its all getting hard work now as im older,(56) and i have my own disabilities too,was coping not bad but i asked them to look at my PIP early as my osteoarthritis getting worse& they've 'decided' as i do stuff to help my sons(mainly form filling/ phone/ medications) that i must be able, so they've now cut mine by half too! Its beyond belief, it really is,who do they assume was going to help them both then, as  we 3 are alone,it has to be me! It doesn't mean I don't need extra help too.
    Are other parents in same boat,are disabled themselves,yet have children with disabilities?There must be more than me..The citizens advice bureau or welfare benefits office do virtually nothing to help,as they either offer advice that youve already thought of,or welfare benefits dont have enough resources/officers to come to appeals etc with you.
    Its a sad fact,but probably true,that if you get 'passed' to get a disability benefit it depends on who you get processing your claim on that day,and what sort of mood they are in,kind& sympathetic,thus giving,or in a bad unkind disbelieving mood and thus not giving you anything!!
    Im happy for those who get things without a battle,but sadly more have to struggle than the 'lucky' ones who get a nice kind person on the day :(
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @northwestmum2, I'm sorry things are so difficult at the moment. It sounds like you have a lot going on. Do you get much support to help care for your children when you have difficulties yourself?

I understand your frustration and if there is any advice we'd be able to give you, then please do let you know. All your feelings are valid.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Many thanks 🙂
Sign in or join us to comment.