Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What is MUT?

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Abbreviations on the community.

Replies

• matthew04matthew04 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    Hi lovely people on this note does anyone know what the dwp abbreviation of MUT are in relation to housing benefit ? Xxx 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Hi @matthew04, I've not been able to find anything in relation to this abbreviation and it's not something I've come across before. Could you tell us the sentence it was used in for context?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • matthew04matthew04 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    A woman in Housing benefit dpt was dealing with my back dated MSI and it stated that this morning it showed that all paperwork from our mortgage lender had been received and the note beside it said MUT but the adviser wasn’t sure what it ment I think they all have there own abbreviations lol xx 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,916 Disability Gamechanger
    I suspect there’s a confusion of terms here. First post refers to DWP, mortgages and Housing Benefit. HB is for rent and nothing to do with DWP. You wouldn’t be dealing with both DWP and HB unless you were in a shared ownership property. 

MSI is I suspect SMI i.e. Support for Mortgage Interest. MUT is usually Mutual i.e. that your lender is a building society rather than a bank. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Thanks @mikehughescq, that's very helpful! :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.