Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Local support with... Learning Difficulties
On the community later this month, our focus will be on Learning Difficulties, including, among others, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia and Autism.
If you, or someone close to you, is living with Learning Difficulties, it can be helpful to get support that’s local to you. With this in mind, we’ve found four organisations from across England and Wales who you might find useful.
Yorkshire Rose Dyslexia strives for a neuro-diverse friendly society. They organise fun events for both kids and parents, arrange seminars on topics that might be relevant to you and operate a support helpline for when you need information.
You can visit them online at https://yorkshirerosedyslexia.org.uk
Helen Arkell offer Dyslexia support to both children and adults, providing assessments, consultations and specialist tuition to help people with Dyslexia realise their potential.
You can visit them online at http://www.helenarkell.org.uk/
The Dyslexia Association of London hosts a monthly Adult Dyslexia support group as well as regular events to help adults with dyslexia unlock opportunities.
You can visit them online at https://dyslexialondon.org/
Tomorrow’s Generation helps young people (between the ages of 6 and 16) and their families cope with Dyslexia. During term time, you can visit their Dyslexia Learning Centre in Lisvane, Cardiff which offers Launchpad for Learning sessions for children aged between 7 and 11 years old.
You can visit them online at https://tomorrowsgeneration.co.uk/
If you know of some fantastic support for people with Learning Difficulties somewhere in the UK, we’d love to hear from you. Please post below in the comments!
Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 771 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments