Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is CAC!

CACCAC Member Posts: 5 Connected
Hi, I'm new to the community and have only just discovered SCOPE, despite being disabled for over 3 years after major spinal surgery. No one tells you where to go for help and advice, they just say sorry you can't stand and walk like you used to!

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,926

Scope community team

Hi @CAC and welcome to the community. I'm really glad you finally managed to find us. Is there anything in particular you need advice with? If not, you're still more than welcome to stick around and get involved in our discussions. Our coffee lounge is a great place to start!
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CAC and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You have come to the right place for support and friendship as there are many lovely people on here.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on the Community.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @CAC Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear about your circumstances.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

You have come to the right place for support, advice and friendship.

Please have you contacted The Spinal Injuries Association.

http://www.spinal.co.uk.

Helpline 0800 980 0501

Please have a look around our website, we are friendly.  Care and share.

Please ask if we can help with anything. Some one will know a member of our community or a member of our team.

Please I hope you enjoy your time with us this community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • WestHam06WestHam06 Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,261 Pioneering
    Hi @CAC
                      Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us. Please have a look around and please feel free to ask questions. There are lots of lovely people in the community, I look forward to seeing you around the community. Thank you.  
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @CAC, how are you doing? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • CACCAC Member Posts: 5 Connected
    I wrote a long piece about my experiences that I thought I had posted, but don't see it here.  I am a bit confused about how to post or reply. I don't do social media at all, so if it is like that then I am stumped.  It doesn't seem to work like any forum I have belonged to before.
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hello @CAC   Sorry to hear your experiencing problems posting.

Please may I suggest have a look at our guide line and community house rules.

When you click on Welcomes and Introductions top of the page.

Please just to reassure you I am my self not good with typing or good with IT.

So you not alone.

I am of that certain age a bit confused with anything computer or social media.

Please have a look at our community guide. Please also ask me anything. I am one of the community champions.  On the forum. Happy to help any time on anything about the forum.

If I can not or do not know will contact one of the SCOPE  team for you.

Hope that helps please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Edster77Edster77 Member Posts: 162 Courageous
    Welcome to the community @CAC
Sign in or join us to comment.