Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA3 check, what does this mean?

SystemSystem Posts: 521

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Paying out underpayments from incap to esa.

Replies

• Monstermunch1310Monstermunch1310 Member Posts: 17 Listener
    Hi just been on the phone to esa regarding my esa 3 form I got sent I been told that it now has been processed but is now going for 2nd /final check. Does anyone know why it has to be checked again after it has already been processed. But did get told I should receive a letter shortly?  Many thanks
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,297 Disability Gamechanger
    You application may be in audit or something like that. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Final checks usually take place before sending out the decision letter. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer and you'll receive that letter.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Hi Poppy I saw you replied to my post but for some reason I cannot see it so I’ll try again.  Phoned esa today regarding esa3 form  after weeks they said that it had been processed but is being checked again before they send me a letter. Do you know why it has to be checked for a 2nd time before they let me know. Especially as it’s been processed already?  Many thanks
    Hi,

It's perfectly normal for it to be checked again before a decision's made and a letter is sent. Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do but wait. Hopefully not much longer now.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Hi ok many thanks 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Monstermunch1310, I believe I have put your new ESA3 thread in the right existing thread. 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Ok many thanks 
    Hi again had a phone call yesterday from Dwp saying that they owe my £8000 in back payments through the esa 3 form and that they are also sending a letter out to confirm and that the money should be in my acc in 3 days . Does this now mean that I can claim my sdp for the same period because have been single living alone. If so which form will I have to phone up and ask for ? Thanks for your help
    To claim SDP as well as living alone you must have also been claiming either DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living and no one must have claimed carers allowance for looking after you. If this is correct then you need to ring ESA and ask to fill out the IS10 form over the phone.
Sign in or join us to comment.