PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Two different PIP forms

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA

Replies

• kayanniekayannie Member Posts: 8 Listener
    I completed my pip form in August and posted it not before I made a copy, however I received a letter saying they hadn’t received it so I completed the further form following the photocopy one. I sent it recorded delivery and the acknowledged receipt. So today I had my assessment and she told me there were two versions of the form! DWP need to train their staff better! There were not two versions as I copied from the first one! I don’t understand how they can cause such stress on people. The assessor said I did well but I’ll wait and see. What do I do If I’m refused?
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kayannie & welcome to this community where I'm sure you'll receive the greatest of support.

Sorry to read about the 'blip' with your PIP form, but great that you'd kept a copy of it.....very wise.

It seems that your assessment hopefully went well, &, altho' it can take some time to receive a decision letter, you can ask for a copy of the assessor's report in about a week's time, which will give an indication of what award, if any, you might receive, as it's usual for the DWP Decision Maker to be mainly guided by this report.

If you don't receive the award you feel appropriate, on your decision letter you will see an explanation saying you can ask for the decision to be looked at again....this is called a Mandatory Reconsideration, which should be sent to the DWP within a month from the date on your decision letter. Everything is then looked at again by another Decision Maker. However, if you have been given an award for one, or both components, you need to be aware that you could lose any/part of such an award(s), as well as hopefully gain the award you feel correct.

For now, I'm sure you're pleased the assessment is over; remember to get a copy of the report, & just take one stage at a time.

Please do let us know how you get on, & meanwhile have a look around the forum.
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Could Admin make this another thread please, & put it in a more appropriate section to better help this new member, thank you.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kayannie and a very warm welcome to the community! I have made your comments into a new thread. I am glad the assessment went okay. If you wait a week then you can ring up and request a copy of your report. This will show you what points the assessor has given you, it is rare they go against this.

The two forms should not impact the decision. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Get your assessment report and if the results are not acceptable then you have time before the official award notification letter arrives to prepare extra evidence supporting your application should you need to go down this route.
    Thank you everyone, I’m still feeling anxious though. Wilko, that’s a good idea and will do this next Friday. I did get hold of my medical records luckily, and sent them on so 🤞. I have to be honest the assessor did say it was a 20 meter walk to my lounge door for which I replied never, so I got her to measure it and it was 2.9 meters from my chair. Anyway as she left she said it’ll be fine, you did well. It makes me paranoid when people say that! Anyway, thank you all so much from one paranoid person 🙂
  • cristobalcristobal Member Posts: 966 Disability Gamechanger
    @kayannie - 20 metre walk to your lounge door?

Presumably you must have a very big house - how far is it from the ballroom to the library?
    What I forgot to ask you lovely people, is it the general number I ring for the report? Thank you again
    Cristobal I know! Hope she don’t mention it in her report, she’ll look an idiot. I live in a detached house built by Bloor Homes so you can imagine the size! It’s a 12ft x 14ft lounge from wall to wall!!
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem @kayannie! While you are waiting you might find the coffee lounge a good place to take your mind off things. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    kayannie said:
    What I forgot to ask you lovely people, is it the general number I ring for the report? Thank you again
    The number to ring is PIP existing claims line on 0800 121 4433
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.