Can I go back on contribution based ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Can I go back on contribution based ESA?

System
System Posts: 703

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: esa income related or contribution based.

Comments

• Bevm
    Bevm Member Posts: 8 Listener
    I want to be on contribution based worked all my life started on wrag then reassessed an moved to SG but want to get married but dont think I'm going to be able to as I will loose my benefits partner wont be able support both of us ... is there any way I can go back on contribution based 
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,847 Connected
    If you’re on contributory ESA and in the SG then you stay on that for as long as you’re in the SG. What sits around that when you partner up is a slightly different question. Are you saying that your contributory ESA ran out before you were put in the SG? It’s not 100% clear.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,607 Disability Gamechanger
    If you’re on contributory ESA and in the SG then you stay on that for as long as you’re in the SG. What sits around that when you partner up is a slightly different question. Are you saying that your contributory ESA ran out before you were put in the SG? It’s not 100% clear.
    Hello Mike,

I remember trying to help this person and they were in the WRAG when they first claimed ESA and the contributions based ran out after 365 days. They were then placed onto Income related ESA and then into the SG sometime after that.

Good to see you post again too!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.