PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Statement of reasons

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Statement of reasons.

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @karenat35 and a warm welcome to the community! Is there anything we can do to help?
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • karenat35karenat35 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    I think I am a lost cause to be honest Chloe, I have just phoned for an update on my S.O.R the girl on the phone told me the judge had asked for more time. But she did tell me, it had been 70months before my first appeal was heard, so I guess a few more will not kill me. The problem I have, is now my PIP has stopped since March 2018 and I am starting to repay, the huge amount they say I owe, life to put it mildly, is a bit difficult. I am now trapped in my home without help. I just wish the panel were right and I WAS over egging the pudding and could do what they seem to think I can do, then I could come off my fentanyl patches, oramorph and dihydrocodeine and all the other tablets I have to take throw away my inhalers  and get a life.....    
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Karen, 70 months! That`s got to be a record I think. So sorry to hear you haven't been successful in your claim.

I hope our Scope team can offer some good advice

Best wishes xxx
    I think I must have had one too many shandy’s when I wrote my last post , it should have said  20 months  since my appeal started ....not 70 months,  sorry K
    Hi @karenat35, I completely understand your frustrations and I cannot imagine how annoyed you are. Just to clarify, were you given any kind of PIP award?
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    No they took it all 
    Sorry that was short n sweet no my PIP was stopped after the interview under caution in March 2018 one year six months before my first tribunal now got to wait AGAIN to see if I can get a high tier tribunal. On the up side I finally got a chest X-ray yesterday after complaining to my GP about back pain and breathing problems post double lung pneumonia I had in July 2017. I had been fobbed off so many times Being so wound up about all this , I put my foot down. As I told the fraud officer that was the only reason I was out , trying to improve my lung function because no one was listening to my worries even though my mum ,aunt and uncle all died of lung cancer. So I had been doubling up on my opiates to try and be able to walk for a few mins a day and look where that has got me. I even took the notes from my gp to prove this but the dr on the tribunal Panel just said “ the oramorph would have depressed my breathing not helped it” but without it I couldn’t do the exercises  the physios had said would help my breathing GRRRRRR
    Lord Chloe , don’t I sound like a hypo moaner but like my so called rep said if I had taken to my bed like a wilting violet, like most people would have done after being in hospital for three weeks , non of this would have happened. I have NEVER said I cannot walk but it causes extreme pain when I do . But all this fell on deaf ears the dr on the panel seemed to think I was a drug addict ..... if I was I might have had more help from the local advice centre . Who’s rep even said I should tell the tribunal my condition had improved before my assessment,  WHICH I WOULDNT DO BECAUSE I AM NOT LYING My condition has caused so many infections which are not improved with “normal” antibiotics so now I struggle breathing , osteomyelitis if the jaw for 8yrs caused 4 jaw fractures and the loss of most of my teeth but can’t have false ones incase they cause another infection.. The hyperbaric treatment did cure the infection but increase the spasms in my leg. It was the nurses in the hyperbaric chamber who are all intensive care RHNs that rang my GP to tell her I needed more pain relief as what I was on wasn’t helping. Sorry I’ve gone off on one again Thamks for your support K
    Hi @karenat35, I can completely see why you'd be so frustrated by this. It's been a long process and it sounds like you haven't been listened to.

Here is some information about upper tribunal that you may find helpful. Please do let us know how you get on!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    thank you so much Chloe for your kindness and support. I will have a read at it bless you K
    No problem at all @karenat35, how are you today? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Hi again Chloe, I've been better, to be honest, but hay hum. My other half wants me to continue to fight, but to be honest I am worn out. I don't know what to do for the best. I am awaiting results from my last x-ray,  because my breathing is so bad now, I just want to sleep, but I know I only have 4week to apply to higher tribunal. I  would just like an island on my own, in the middle of nowhere and forget about it all, Anyway, Enough about moaning Minnie, how are you sweetheart ???????  
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that you're health isn't good!

I'm not sure where you are with your claim stage because i think part of the thread is missing where it was split from another thread. I

just wanted to add that if you're waiting for the statement of reasons then that 1 month doesn't apply until they send you it. The 1 month is to request it and then the 1 month starts again once it's sent. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Hi Poppy just a word to say thank you. I haven't the energy to continue. because the dvd is so damming. and because my health is getting worse with all the stress . My husband thinks I should fight on. but I am. so very tired . But once again thank you for your support

Hi @karenat35, really sorry to hear your health hasn't been very good at the moment. It is completely your decision what you choose to do and I'm sorry it's having such a big impact on you.

If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
Sign in or join us to comment.