Hi, my name is MJK! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MJK!

MJK
MJK Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I’m 41 and have fibromyalgia, gastritis, chronic back pain, anxiety and I think that’s it. 
I’m finding working and being able to talk to someone who will listen very difficult recently. Sometimes it feels like I don’t exist. Not sure where to turn.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MJK and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear how you've been feeling recently, have you tried speaking to your GP to see what help they can offer?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • MJK
    Yeah I’m under go and never away from him lol. Currently on new meds which have made the mood feel a bit better but not the pain. I’m just fed up with having to carry on working in pain all day when I can’t get PIP I’ve got an appeal in thursday and it’s the 4th attempt (3rd with pip, 1st was dla). My partner is really understanding and works all the hours god sends but we really can’t afford for me to go on just sick pay. Sorry about the rant.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Hello @MJK welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear things are difficult for you at the moment. I hope you will find posting here helpful. There's always someone willing to listen on here. Sometimes the anonymity of a forum is easier to explain how you feel than irl. 
  • MJK
    Hi. Yeah thanks I thought that too. Just feels like everyone round me is not listening to me. My best friend has fibromyalgia too but whenever she asks how I am and I tell her she always manages to turn it round to her so I’ve gave up talking about it to her about it. I thought it was me being selfish but it happens all the time. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    It's good to know you've got a supportive partner and I wish you well for the tribunal - it can be a stressful process! Has your GP referred you to a Pain Management Clinic?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @MJK and a really warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry your friend isn't more supportive. I think we all have one of those friends where the support ends up being a bit one-way. We're all more than happy to listen to you here. I hope your appeal goes well. Please let us know how you get on and if you don't get the outcome you're after, we'll do our best to advise on next steps.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MJK and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and the way you are feeling.  Please be assured that you will be supported and listened to on here and any time you want to chat then please do so.  You will find the forum to be a really supportive and friendly space.  I can appreciate your worries about PIP and working and good luck for your tribunal.  I hope it goes well for you.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  Meantime, if there is anything at all we can help you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.