PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Got PIP at appeal. What other help can I get?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is MJK!.

Replies

• MJKMJK Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi just thought I’d come on to say I got Pip at appeal. Low rate daily living but no mobility so I’m chuffed to bits. Getting it back pay to 25/11/18 so nice wee sum hopefully b4 Xmas. What a weight off my shoulders though and new pills seem to be starting to irk so far so good. Just wondering now I’ve got pip what else I am able to get or blue badge, bus pass etc any other benefits winter fuel payments? Help with electricity etc. Any help would be great x
  • RazzleRazzle Member Posts: 2 Listener
    MJK hello and welcome. I have fibromyalgia too, so I know a bit about how you feel.

Don't let your passed PIP problems stop you. You deserve it just as much as anyone else.
    I hope all goes well on Thursday.💙
  • RazzleRazzle Member Posts: 2 Listener
    MJK  glad you got your pip . I know others who have a blue badge and I get cold weather payments (I think).
    Try going on Gov.uk to see if that will point you in the right direction.
  • atlas46atlas46 Community champion Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi

Could you expand on what, you have been awarded by the Tribunal?

Are you on other benefits?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    MJK said:
    Hi just thought I’d come on to say I got Pip at appeal. Low rate daily living but no mobility so I’m chuffed to bits. Getting it back pay to 25/11/18 so nice wee sum hopefully b4 Xmas. What a weight off my shoulders though and new pills seem to be starting to irk so far so good. Just wondering now I’ve got pip what else I am able to get or blue badge, bus pass etc any other benefits winter fuel payments? Help with electricity etc. Any help would be great x
    Hi,

Great news! daily living award of PIP doesn't automatically entitled you to a bus pass or a blue badge i'm afraid. You will need to look at the criteria of your local council and apply but you'll need evidence and most likely an assessment, for the blue badge at least.

For the winter fuel payment then you need to be born before 1954 and it's automatically awarded to those that qualify.

I'm assuming you're talking about the warm home discount? Again your PIP award doesnt automatically entitle you to this. It will depend on your circumstances whether you qualify or not. See link. https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

For benefits, do you currently claim any other benefits? if so then what other benefits do you claim? If you don't then your PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to any other benefits.

Someone can claim carers allowance for looking after you but they will receive the money and not you. See link.

It does entitle you to claim the CEA card for a carer to receive free entry into the cinema. Also a lot of attractions in the UK offer free entry or reduced entry for a carer with proof of your PIP claim. Hope this helps.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • debsidoodebsidoo Member Posts: 327 Pioneering
    edited November 2019
    Hi @MJK
    There is one other option to explore.If you contact your energy supplier you could be entitled to a Warm Home Discount. This is a one off payment to your energy account of £140 towards your heating bills.Its an annual supplement so you need to reapply every year. Different suppliers have slightly different criteria so you may have to check online first to see if you’re eligible.
               Debsidoo.x
Sign in or join us to comment.