Not had review form — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Not had review form

angnryan
angnryan Member Posts: 50 Connected
Hi everyone,  my sons pip is due to end 22nd may 2020, on his award letter it says it will be reviewed after 22nd may 2019,  when I rang to ask why he hadn't had a review form they said it would be sent out shortly, that was three months ago and he's still waiting, i had heard they had started reviews at 6 months before end of award, but even so he should have the form by now, can anyone help please 

Comments

• angnryan
    Sorry everyone my question seems to have gone on 3 times,  don't know what happened but kept getting gateway error message 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,872 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

If he was awarded by DWP then you'll need to ring them tomorrow morning, you have hear correctly reviews take place 6 months before.

If he was awarded by a Tribunal then he'll be contacted 14 weeks before the award ends.
  • angnryan
    Thanks for reply,  he was awarded by dwp
  • poppy123456
    Just re-read your post and see that 22nd May is the end date, this means that he'll receive the forms anytime now because that's 6 months before, having counted the months.
  • angnryan
    Thanks, i will give it a couple of days then and if it's not arrived i will ring them 
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,413 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, most reviews are carried out with in 6 months of the award end date, so don't worry you won't be forgotten but be prepared for another F2F assessment and have your supporting evidence ready to send with your review application. 
  • poppy123456
    Remember it can take 10 days to receive anything from DWP because of the mail sorting process. I'd leave it to the end of the month and then ring.
  • angnryan
    Ok will do, i hate ringing them anyway, thanks ever so much for your help 
  • angnryan
    Hi, already got things ready for evidence, thanks for your help, i appreciate it 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,565 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hi @angnryan, I know that this can be a really stressful time, with the need to just get it done.
    As @wilko has said, reviews are carried out when there is 6 months left of the award and you most likely will need to attend another F2F. It's also worth mentioning that you should treat a review like a new claim and put the same level of detail on the form.
    Please do let us know if we can help with anything when you do receive the forms. :)
    (Edit- I have merged all your discussions into one for you).
    Scope

• angnryan
    Thanks i will,  I've been worrying since may this year which is a year before his award ends,  I have multiple health problems myself, but don't get any sickness benefits or pip as I'm his carer and all the worry has made my anxiety and depression worse, and filling in those forms causes me pain as i have cervical spondylitis, I'm so fed up with everything right now,  but the help people give on here makes me feel a bit better, so thanks again to everyone who has helped,  I appreciate it so much 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,565 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not surprised you are feeling fed up @angnryan, it sounds like things have been really tough for you at the moment.
    Please do let us know if we can do anything else. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.