PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip review form help filling in

angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
Hi, just received the pip review form for my son who is autistic, it's different from the last review form we had,  does anyone have any tips for filling it in, none of his needs have changed, but I find it difficult to fill in these forms for him,  can anyone help please 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, they changed the review forms quite some time ago. However, all claims should be treated as a new claim by all claimants, doesn't matter if it's a first time claim or a review. This means that you should put as much information as possible about how his conditions affect him, doesn't matter if none of his needs have changed, if you write no change on the form then this isn't going to help.

Use extra paper is you need to and add a couple of real live examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to him.

You should send relevant evidence with the form to support his claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them.

Waiting times for assessments depend on backlog in your area. If you need extra time to return the form then you can ring to request a further 14 days. Do be aware of the Christmas post and DWP closing days when you return the form.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • AlaAla Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi,
    I'm sorry I have no answers to your question, but seams you might just be able to answer my one..

I would love to get some idea when exactly I should expect the Review Form to arrive.  My award is ending 30 October 2020 - I still haven't received the review form - and I would love to go away for most of December basically for Christmas.  

Regards
  • angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
    Hi, I received the form a couple of days ago, approximately 6 months before the award is due to end which is in may 2020, so you will probably get yours in may 2020 if your award ends October 2020
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @angnryan   Pleased to meet you.
    I am one of the team of community champions. We help. advise and support members.
    Please may I suggest if your experiencing problem filling in forms for your son.
    Contact The Autistic Society.
    Helpline 020 7833 2299
    They might help with referring you to some one who could help you. Some charities have their own benefit advisors.
    Please I hope my friend @poppy123456 has helped . Please if I can help with anything further please ask.
    Happy to be supportive.
    Please take care.
    @thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
Sign in or join us to comment.