PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Confusing question on pip review form

angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
I'm confused by a question on pip review form, it's the new one where you can't simply tick boxes,  it's on page 15. Q7 speaking to people, hearing and understanding what they say and being understood,  is this the same question on the pip application form that used to say -activity 7 communicating verbally,  I've only a few days to get it in and I'm confused by the wording on the new pip review form,  can anyone help please. Thanks 

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,289 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, I would think the question on, in the review and the initial PIP application are one and the same. Reread the question several times slowly and and answer as you see yourself fitting in to the question being asked. Remember what you put in the review will have to be justified at your F2F as most reviews have one. Treat your review as a new application for pip send in all your latest medical surporting evidence. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,987 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    Hello, I would think the question on, in the review and the initial PIP application are one and the same. Reread the question several times slowly and and answer as you see yourself fitting in to the question being asked. Remember what you put in the review will have to be justified at your F2F as most reviews have one. Treat your review as a new application for pip send in all your latest medical surporting evidence. 
    I’m going to politely disagree. DWP attempts to translate law into questions are pretty abysmal and often wholly misleading. Do not answer the question as asked. Answer the question as if it included the word “reliably”. Most times that will give you a very different answer to the one you thought you were answering and a better one.

Reliably is clearly defined as heaving either safety, to a reasonable standard, repeatedly or in a reasonable time. All things which weirdly never get mentioned  in the claim pack. 

The question “do you need help bathing” may lead to a “no” answer. The question “can you bathe reliably” os a very different beast. 
Sign in or join us to comment.