PIP query — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

PIP query

System
System Posts: 596

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: pip.

Comments

• avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Member Posts: 333 Courageous
    I am on pip on the daily living, I applied for it and got a letter to say I couldn’t have it as I didn’t score enough points so I did the mandatory reconsideration and still didn’t get it. I then decided to appeal and I got daily living pip, and only a few points on mobility which I didn’t get. What other benefits would I be entitled to and what else can I get? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,871 Disability Gamechanger
    I am on pip on the daily living, I applied for it and got a letter to say I couldn’t have it as I didn’t score enough points so I did the mandatory reconsideration and still didn’t get it. I then decided to appeal and I got daily living pip, and only a few points on mobility which I didn’t get. What other benefits would I be entitled to and what else can I get? 
    I just answered your question on your other thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/67760/benefits#latest

Asking the same question multiple times on different threads gets confusing.

• avakarlsson
    Sorry I got a bit confused 
  • avakarlsson
    If I phoned DWP on Monday about the work Capability Assessment, what happens normal? As I have never done it before?
  • poppy123456
    If I phoned DWP on Monday about the work Capability Assessment, what happens normal? As I have never done it before?

Please read the links i posted for you on your other thread.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    More answers and questions about PIP can be seen on the benefits group. Loads of stuff to learn there. It helped me a lot.x
  • avakarlsson
    Hi I did phone up universal credit earlier and said about the work Capability Assessment and they are sending me a form to fill out then an appointment at my local job centre for the assessment then they send it to DWP and they decide which group to put me in and then after I will get a letter to tell me.  
  • poppy123456
    Hi I did phone up universal credit earlier and said about the work Capability Assessment and they are sending me a form to fill out then an appointment at my local job centre for the assessment then they send it to DWP and they decide which group to put me in and then after I will get a letter to tell me.  
    When you receive the form you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect and send evidence with it to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for this.

The form must be returned back no later than the date stated because there's no extension of time for returning this form. If it's not returned on time then you could be found fit for work for failing to return it.

Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those. It may not be in your local job centre, it will depend where those assessments take place in your area. Find out where your nearest centre is by putting your postcode in here

Once the decision's been made they don't send out letters, the letter will be uploaded onto your journal. If you disagree with the decision then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,565 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @avakarlsson, is there anything else we can do to help or clarify? :)
    Scope

• avakarlsson
    I phoned up universal credit yesterday and they are already sending me the form to fill out for work Capability Assessment then after I have done that I send it back to them then I get an appointment for my assessment then after that DWP decide what group I will go into. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hope it all goes okay @avakarlsson. If you have any questions then please do ask. :)
    Scope

• avakarlsson
    Thank you Chloe, I hope I do get it, 

Do you know how it works? Are you on this benefit?
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    Thank you Chloe, I hope I do get it, 

Do you know how it works? Are you on this benefit?

I gave you lots of advice regarding this on your other thread. Please spend some time and have another read of everything i advised you on. There's no other advice to give you.
  • avakarlsson
    Yes I have read through the information you gave me which I appreciated, I just thought if there was any other questions and answers to it 
  • poppy123456
    There isn't. I gave you all the advice there is to give, including a little extra here in this thread.

Here.
    When you receive the form you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect and send evidence with it to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for this.

The form must be returned back no later than the date stated because there's no extension of time for returning this form. If it's not returned on time then you could be found fit for work for failing to return it.

Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those. It may not be in your local job centre, it will depend where those assessments take place in your area. Find out where your nearest centre is by putting your postcode in here

Once the decision's been made they don't send out letters, the letter will be uploaded onto your journal. If you disagree with the decision then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

• avakarlsson
    Thank you, sorry for the confusion 
  • avakarlsson
    I hope I do get the extra universal credit 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @avakarlsson, I do get PIP and have done for quite a few years now. Please do feel to ask further questions if you need things clarifying. :)
    Scope

• avakarlsson
    Do you get universal credit to?
  • poppy123456
    Hi @avakarlsson, I do get PIP and have done for quite a few years now. Please do feel to ask further questions if you need things clarifying. :)

HI Chloe,

@avakarlsson is talking about the work capability assessment for Universal Credit. I have explained everything in a lot of detail on a different thread and i'm not sure what other advice can be given.
  • avakarlsson
    Hi Poppy, I appreciate you giving me all the info about universal credit work Capability Assessment.
    With pip and universal credit can you claim anything else? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for this @poppy123456..

To see if you could be entitled to anything else @avakarlsson, then you can use this tool on the Scope website.. I hope this helps!
    Scope

• avakarlsson
    Thank you Chloe for the information, I have just done it and it only showing me the pip and universal credit I can get 
  • poppy123456
    Hi Poppy, I appreciate you giving me all the info about universal credit work Capability Assessment.
    With pip and universal credit can you claim anything else? 

No problem. I also answered that other question in your other thread. UC and PIP are the only 2 benefits you can claim.  We seem to be going round in circles.
  • avakarlsson
    Sorry for the confusion 
  • avakarlsson
    My universal credit health questionnaire has just arrived in the post 
  • poppy123456
    My universal credit health questionnaire has just arrived in the post 
    You need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect and send evidence with it to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for this.

Don't forget to send relevant evidence to support your claim with the form. Once you return it, if a face to face assessment is needed (most people have them) you'll be sent an appointment to attend the work capability assessment. There's no timescales for the waiting times.

Once a decision's been made then you'll either be found fit for work, given limited capability for work (LCW) or limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) You will only receive the extra money if the decision is LCWRA.

For help with filling out the form then you may want to contact an advice agency near you. Do be aware of the time it takes to receive the form back. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.