Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Who else has received nonsensical changes in the ESA rates payable letters

In January i relieved the 1st one of these in January and another today

The Feb 2020 letter starts by saying from the Feb 2018 My ESA rate will be £125.55 (2018 rate) then because of a change of money coming in  from April 2018 will be 127.15 a week this is because  a change in the rates of social sec ben's From April 2019  £128.45 per week then again another change in the rates from April 2020 £130.65 per week ,

Then on the last page  how we have worked out your ESA gives the 2018 rates 🙄 And on the older JAN 20 letter with the same title
Start off at Feb 20  with the current rate I'm getting paid  then tells me about the change in benefit rates in April 20 and the new rate , so far correct, But on the last page it gives the current rate's and total, when it was supposed to give the NEW rates as from APRIL 20 , Thus wasting paper x2  i did some research and did eventually find the new rates and what will change,  the basic rate of £73.10  Is increasing as is the support group component rate & the disability premium
 What it should have told me is:
From April 2020 the basic allowance for over 25's will be £74.25, the SG component will increase to £39.20 & the disability income  guarantee will be £17.10 giving a total of £130.65 per week
Is see PIP standard rate mobility is increasing by 40pence a week

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,419 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome and thank you for sharing this post with us, is there anything we can help you with
  • tommtomm Member Posts: 231 Pioneering
    No, i was just putting it out there so others can maybe share a laugh at their non-informational letters from the DWP
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, letters from DWP are the most confusing letters i've ever seen. I received my usual yearly letter this morning and it's a good thing i understand the benefit system, if i didn't then i'd be totally confused.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,194 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello tomm, this is just a generic letter sent to all claiments of the drafted letter. Reads a little noncritcal but somebody bless them spent time drafting it getting it approved then sent out. I've received one informing me my benefits will be reduced then a few weeks later another letter to inform me of the new benefits rate  for the next 12.months. More expenses to the Tax payer. 
  • tommtomm Member Posts: 231 Pioneering
    edited February 2020
    wilko said:
    Hello tomm, this is just a generic letter sent to all claiments of the drafted letter. Reads a little noncritcal but somebody bless them spent time drafting it getting it approved then sent out. I've received one informing me my benefits will be reduced then a few weeks later another letter to inform me of the new benefits rate  for the next 12.months. More expenses to the Tax payer. 
    Getting these letters that are supposed to inform those getting benefits about increases that don't do this in a clear and concise way approved is even more concerning, as who ever approves them is either thick or didn't even read them :# they tell us what we already knew and amounts that are no longer applicable because they are from several years ago,I would hate to see their attempt of completing the ESA50 or PIP2 even On another note this format of letter wasn't their way of boasting about giving me a £5.10p increase over the past 3 years was it :#

Sign in or join us to comment.