Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Should carers have to be looking for work?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Should carers have to be looking for work?.

Replies

• joe1973joe1973 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I'm getting carers allowance and income support, I've been asked to go job centre to see if I'm looking for work, but as ive seen on here  I dont have to work, my boy has middle class dla 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,941 Scope community team
    Hi @joe1973. I've split your conversation and moved it to the Carer's Allowance section of the community so you'll hopefully receive some more response.

As a carer you shouldn't have any work commitments. Has there been a change recently such as a youngest child turning 5? Have they specifically said it's for a work search review? 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,999 Disability Gamechanger
    A carer is supposed to do 35 hours a week for the person they care for......but often do more.

What happens if there is no-one to take their place if they have another job?
Sign in or join us to comment.