Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Clowncil "lost" my application form for blue badge in there postal system

tommtomm Member Posts: 228 Pioneering
Some time ago i  following being awarded PIP standard rate mobility 10 points  i completed the application for a blue badge , initially using the automatic route, but as i handed the form in and at the local council offices as they were copying my PIP award letter they informed me  the blue badge would be tied to the end date of the PIP award  which at the time was Feb 2020

So i decided to apply using the discretionary route, after querying  the progress of the application some 4-5 weeks later i was informed that they needed a copy of photo id,(which i had already provided ) and something about the form not being completed and no, scan of my photo id and maybe proof of address, and they were sending the application back , but would keep the copy of the OA surgeons report, and the chq , So i visited the clowncil offices again gave them authority to use my CT data for proof of address (just in case) and a scan of my passport, which were sent via  the council office internal post system ,

Around a week later the application form is returned  only some non-relevant or applicable questions had not been answered not a justifiable reason to return the form IMO So council has ID scan, proof of address everything needed  apart from the application form, and photo stapled to it,
Then because i had queried the length of the pip award and requested a SOR they were unable to provide,so looked at the award length again and decided it was a slip of the pen and the end date should have been 2022 and corrected its earlier decision, so armed with this new evidence i took both corrected award letter and application form to the council office, and they copied all pages (waste of paper) and sent it to the blue badge people, that was nearly 2 weeks ago, and they haven't received it ,

My question is this can i get reimbursed for the cost of having more passport photos taken if they have somehow shredded  "lost" my application form and photo?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,113 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually when you have a passport photo taken you don't just have 1 picture, you have at least 6, i think. Just send them another and job done.

If you don't have anymore photos then whether they will reimburse you for the cost of more photos (about £6) i have no idea but you can certainly ask.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.