Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What’s for dinner? (2)

Hart86Hart86 Member Posts: 394 Pioneering
It’s been a while since the last “what’s for dinner” thread and I’m lacking ideas again! Since lockdown we’ve eaten the same things over and over, which I guess is expected.

So! What are you having/had you had for dinner tonight? 

We’re raiding the freezer for some unhealthy (but delicious!) pizza and chips! 

🍕 🍟 

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,784 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a nice salad today with ham :) healthy however I did put a little bit of mayonnaise on it. 

Yesterday we had a BBQ!!
  • AilsAils Community champion Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    We were also rather unhealthy tonight as we had potato waffles, beans and the (healthy bit) veggie burgers.  Couldn't be bothered cooking from scratch and it did taste really nice!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,734 Scope community team
    All these meals sound good to me. We had Fish and Chips tonight and some traybake brownies. 🤤
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    Today I had leftover fish, stewed pears, and cheese. 
    Tomorrow night I might eat a healthy stir fry or a bowl of grated cheese and fruit.  

These are some more ideas you can try

Cannelloni
    Jacket potatoes with grated cheese
    Roast chicken with cooked vegetables
    Baked apples with either leftover ham or pork
    Salmon and mashed peas 
    Tuna and vegetable pasta bake
    Toad in the hole
    Burgers
    Pizza
    Risotto
    Curry
    Hotdogs
    Fish pie
    Spaghetti 
    Meatballs
    Noodles 
    Cottage pie
    Sausage and mash
    Mackerel or cod 
    Fruit salad in a bowl
    Lasagna 
    Soup with bread
    Rice and eggs 
    Quinoa with potato wedges
    Quiche

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,680 Disability Gamechanger
    Last night I had quorn curry, really nice!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,031 Disability Gamechanger
    I couldn't get any chips a few weeks ago so bought some frozen potato letters instead...been playing countdown during dinner!! :D 

I had quiche & potato waffles last night. :smile:
    Ooo nice @OverlyAnxious, what kind of quiche?
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,031 Disability Gamechanger
    Ooo nice @OverlyAnxious, what kind of quiche?
    Cheese & bacon...getting my protein in! ;)
  • GeoarkGeoark Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,319 Disability Gamechanger
    I have been experimenting with my daughter. Home made salmon fish cakes, Home made chilli con carne with baked potato, even home made energy bars have featured among our experiments. 

One thing we have noticed is that we are actually eating better than we did before the lock down. The products are much better than what we were getting from high street shops, and a regular supply of fresh herbs means even when we do have what we normally eat they just taste a lot better. As we get fruit and veg each week we are eating a lot more fruit than we normally do. I am enjoying experimenting with what I like best with my porridge, blueberries are currently my favourite.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    On Friday night we had a barbecue. At the barbecue we ate free range meat, fruit salad and played a lively game of chess. 
    So this weekend we have been eating a lot of leftover chicken and ham plus fruit. This morning we participated in our weekly church service on Facebook and this afternoon we discussed a couple of the verses of the Bible. For dinner tonight, I decided to make everyone chicken wraps with the last of the fruit salad. Not sure yet about tomorrow. I may either make a chicken and potato salad for lunch or just order lots of Chinese food again. 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,312 Disability Gamechanger
    @Geoark - You can't beat home-made salmon fishcakes! You might try growing some herbs. Must admit my parsley didn't re-surface last year, but I have rosemary, sage, thyme, & lemon mint growing in a raised bed, together with 2 types of chives. Also a bay shrub in a container, where the above herbs will also thrive. Garlic is also easy to grow in a container.
    I had cauliflower cheese today; yesterday poached salmon, baby potatoes, green beans & broccoli.
  • GeoarkGeoark Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,319 Disability Gamechanger
    @chiarieds my duaghter has tried growing things, though we have very limited space, a small balcony mainly. Problem is sooner or later our cat gets to them and everything gets pulled up and eaten. She wasn't happy with me when I told her to mix the soil with catnip to keep the cat away.

That said I know herbs are easy enough to grow. My real ambition is to get some fruit trees, if I can figure out how to stop them becoming scratching posts.

I wouldn't say I am a great cook, my daughter still reminds me of when I did mash potato which was mushy and lumpy at the same time. However, we both love finding a basic recipe and then experimenting with it to find something we like. 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

I had Chinese food for lunch and dinner today. 
    Last night was fajita's, my favourite!  <3
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Salad today with chicken and bacon. It was really tasty.

@Chloe_Scope Yum!! We are going to be having fajitas soon :) it is one of my favourites too.
    NIce @66Mustang, that sounds lovely!

What do you have in your fajitas?
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Usually we buy the fajita mix and mix it with chicken, then put it in a big bowl in the middle of the table along with the salsa and sour cream and we make the fajitas up at the table. :smiley:
    That's what we do @66Mustang! Although we swap chicken with onions, red pepper and kidney beans. Also having grated cheese to add. Ooo it's making me hungry!  :D
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,734 Scope community team
    We're having toad in the hole tonight. 

Shouldn't have read this thread as I fancy fajitas instead now.  :D
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    I like toad in the hole, it's really nice!
    We had a mini barbecue again today. So for dinner, we ate pork sausages with applesauce and finished off with a healthy fruit salad with icecream in a bowl for dessert. I also ate part of a corn on the cob. After dinner I passed around a few after eight chocolates. The menu was simple and elegant. 
  • jasmineiranijasmineirani Scope Volunteer Posts: 75 Courageous
    I am having stir fry today but we tend to eat our main meal in the afternoon which is better for me because I suffer from stomach problems and it seems to help me. 
Sign in or join us to comment.