Ask a chronic pain adviser
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

CBD and anxiety

SystemSystem Posts: 476 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Fibromyalgia.
Tagged:

Replies

• debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone I’m just catching up as I’ve not been on for a long time. I have been taking cbd oil capsules for past 6 months and I do think they help though I can’t say exactly why because it’s when I don’t take them that I feel everything gets much worse. They seem to help balance my symptoms out. I’ve just bought some vitamins as well for my joints to try that as I feel they are cracking too much and I can’t weight beat on them for long. I think it’s easier for me than adjusting my diet as I struggle with having enough healthy food and drinks in my diet as it upsets my ibs. 
    So fingers crossed. What I have noticed with the pandemic is that my mental health specifically my anxiety has gone through the food and I go from 0 to 100 very quickly when I have to deal with “outside.”  I think it’s normal to be this way but I did suffer from agoraphobia some years ago and it feels like that. So I am trying to practise my coping techniques when I feel like this. However it’s early days on that being useful. I think because it’s hard to avoid the situation. So that’s why I’m not really joining in here as well because I don’t feel mentally fit enough to join in. Hopefully this will improve as the situation improves. 
    Take care 
    Debs 
    🌈
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,746 Scope community team
    Hi @debbiedo49. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. Please remember we're here for you if you do want to get in touch. Coronavirus is inescapable at the moment, but there's quite a few threads in the coffee lounge that are free of it.

All the best and I hope to see you around again soon,
    Adrian
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.