Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help: open claim for Universal Credit

SystemSystem Posts: 521

Scope community team

edited June 2020 in Universal Credit
This discussion was created from comments split from: Lcwra backdated pay.

Replies

• cthorpe93cthorpe93 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi. I hope someone can help me. I I have an open claim for Universal Credit and on 13/05/2020 I received a letter in my online journal to say that they have decided I have limited capability for work and work-related activity. I first handed in my fit for work note on 07/02/2020 but this was back dated to 11/12/2019 which was when I left employment due to poor health. My health condition has improved and I notified Universal Credit many times that I am looking to return to work, which I did on 06/04/2020. With this in mind, would you think I would be due any back dated pay? I have contacted my work coach via my journal and he said that it is with a decision maker and as stated in the letter I should hear back "within 7 working days". Thanks in advance.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Hello @cthorpe93. You can actually have LCWRA and work, so long as the work you do doesn't contradict the reason for claiming. Have you declared yourself fit for work?
    With regards to backdate, sadly the backdated fit note is irrelevant in this matter. The wait period begins when you first submit evidence to UC which you've said was 7/2/2020. 
    Payment for LCWRA would begin 3 full assessment periods after this date. Depending on your assessment periods, this would (At earliest)  bring you to around now to start receiving LCWRA payments so there'd be no backdating, only future payments.

However, if you've declared yourself fit for work, then it's possible you won't receive any payment for LCWRA at all. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.