Partner can't get PIP because he works - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Partner can't get PIP because he works

Options
2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Woody1998.

Sorry to hear your partner’s assessment was such a bad experience and the outcome didn’t go the way you’d hoped.
    As others have said, people can work and claim PIP, but sadly it doesn’t seem too uncommon for them to make assumptions based on working status.

Unfortunately there’s no timescale for decisions on MRs but hopefully you’ll hear soon. The success rate for MRs is quite low so you should prepare yourselves that you may need to take it to tribunal. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • MsCuriosity
    MsCuriosity Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    @Woody1998
    Hi there.

I work and I get PIP. I suppose it depends on what job he does. I'm constantly saying the assessors are incompetent and not qualified. Appeal, appeal, appeal. Xrays, operations and other treatments are facts. Just because he pushes himself don't mean he doesn't have problems. I encourage you to fight this. 

Unfortunately, whoever wrote the questions is ignorant to uniqueness. They expect everyone to act the same way. It is as though they want everyone with issues to become helpless - victims. The more we challenge is the more we will change things. Good luck.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.