Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Redundancy

Elle1998Elle1998 Member Posts: 25 Connected
My partner has been made redundant 
Once his redundancy has gone can He claim care allowance for me I'm on EHdaily 
Living mobility pip thanks

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,926

Scope community team

Sorry to hear he's been made redundant @Elle1998. As long as you don't receive SDP (severe disability premium) and no one else claims Carer's Allowance for you and he meets the other eligibility criteria, there's no reason why not. 

All of the following must apply:

• you’re 16 or over
    • you spend at least 35 hours a week caring for someone
    • you’ve been in England, Scotland or Wales for at least 2 of the last 3 years (this does not apply if you’re a refugee or have humanitarian protection status)
    • you normally live in England, Scotland or Wales, or you live abroad as a member of the armed forces (you might still be eligible if you’re moving to or already living in an EEA country or Switzerland)
    • you’re not in full-time education
    • you’re not studying for 21 hours a week or more
    • you’re not subject to immigration control
    • your earnings are £128 or less a week after tax, National Insurance and expenses
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • Elle1998Elle1998 Member Posts: 25 Connected
    Adrian  Scope
    Thank you 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,926

Scope community team

No problem @Elle1998. Give us a shout if you have any more questions. :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • Elle1998Elle1998 Member Posts: 25 Connected
    Adrian Scope 
    We live in 3 bedroom house at the mo I find stairs difficult nothing with housing 
    If my partner bought a mobile home us to live in
    Would universal credit 
    See this as a luxury item 
    He used his redundancy on thank you 
Sign in or join us to comment.