Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Universal credit

marcushodgkiss93marcushodgkiss93 Member Posts: 120 Connected
Can you claim universal credit if your on enhanced rate of pip if so what evidence can I send to them from my doctor as I cont work due to my conditions thanks 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,143 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi welcome. Yes you can claim UC as well as PIP, initially you need to complete an application online through the gov website.

You can claim whether you are fit for work or not, however when applying answer the question that you are not able to work, you will need ti provide a sick note from your doctor.

Eventually after sending in sick notes this will prompt a work capability assessment and you will be sent UC50 form and then attend an assessment similar to PIP but different criteria.

They will then make a decision and either find you fit for work or limited capability for work, or  limited capability for work related activity (extra benefit paid for this only)

hen you apply initially you will be contacted and have to provide proof of identity and be assigned a work coach who you meet with on regular basis
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,695 Scope community team
    Hello @marcushodgkiss93. I hope @janer1967's detailed reply has been helpful. Please let us know if you need any more help.

Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • marcushodgkiss93marcushodgkiss93 Member Posts: 120 Connected
    What other benefits can I claim as well as pip 
    It is hard to say without knowing all your circumstances try the benefits calculator on gov website this should help 
    Would it help if I sent my shielding letter as medical evidence 
    I have sleep apnoea asthma and a learning disability 
    You need to claim first and then see what is required as evidence . I wouldn't say your shielding letter would be of any use 
    Can any one help dose any one know how I can claim disability premium as I am on pip enchanted rate also dose it effect me if I am married please thank you 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,695 Scope community team
    Hi @marcushodgkiss93. It depends what else you're currently claiming as the disability premiums aren't paid on Universal Credit. In addition to PIP what else are you currently claiming?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    Just pip enchanted rate 
    Does your spouse work @marcushodgkiss93? Can I ask when you stopped working? I'm wondering if you may be entitled to NS ESA.

It might be worth you getting in touch with a local advice agency such as Citizens Advice to ask them to do a benefit check with you. You can find your local agency by putting your postcode in AdviceLocal.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Whst is employment and support and how much is it 
    Also what you mean by ns ESA 
    Ns esa is new style employment support allowance 
    You need to do as advised and do either benefits calculator or contact welfare rights as there are lots of things to take into account to determine if you are eligible and only you will know the answers to that 
    Hi can you help I am due a review on universal credit to see if I am getting right money still why would that be please. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,189 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    For the work capability assessment you can be reviewed anytime from 3 months and most people have reviews unless you're one of the few people that are put into the severe conditions group and then there's no further reviews.

Although i am a little confused about your question because in your first post here in June you asked about claiming Universal Credit and now you're asking about a review for Universal Credit. Have you already had a work capability assessment and been placed into one of the groups, either LCW or LCWRA? It's just a little quick to be expecting a review so soon.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.