PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Reassessment PIP and ESA

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Being discharged.

Replies

• alisha22alisha22 Member Posts: 317 Pioneering
    Hello, I needed some advice on the esa assessments,I am in the support group and had paper Based assessment and my review is next march. I know its abit far yet but at the moment ive had all appointments cancelled due to covid 19, doctors only do phone consultations and with locums. So im concerned come march will they do another paperbased assessment. I have struggled with my health and had to fight for my benefits and don't want to go there again. I suffer from mental health and was diagnosed with adult personality disorder and struggle alot and this extra worry is not helping. Please advise.
  • alisha22alisha22 Member Posts: 317 Pioneering
    Its the same with pip they too did a paperbased assessment and abit worried what will happen this time round, pip assessment isn't till august next year.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

For the work capability assessment (ESA) they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. The timescale they give you is just a guide and nothing more. They also most likely have backlogs now from when the reviews were suspended. I usually put it to the back of my mind until the form arrives, if i didn't then i'd be constantly worrying. Try and relax a little, if you can.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,895 Disability Gamechanger
    Yup I would agree with that, as my gran was fond of saying "never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you"
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome as advised I think you have a while now till you need to worry about your re assessments, but gathering evidence can always be helpful when you can.

I always put anything I get in a folder as it comes then it is ready for the time

Not many get paper based assessments but I did for my last PIP assessment totally out of the blue, I think a lot of it is down to how detailed the form completion is against the descriptors
Sign in or join us to comment.