PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Award Review

earthchild23earthchild23 Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
Hi I have just had to fill in my Award review today with my partner it was last reviewed in 2016 after my award from 2015.
can any one tell me how they are processing these and if any one has been lucky with there reviews. I’m anxious as things haven’t really improved and only got more difficult as support for mental health has been cut. I was in crisis team for two years when I first got my PIP and I’m now in core team who see me like once every month to two months. But with COVID it’s all changing again. 
Have I any chance? As Im on enhanced care and don’t want to lose it. 

Thanks 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,110 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Telephone assessments have replaced face to face ones and most people are having them. You will be contacted at some point but there's no timescales on how long this can take. If a telephone assessment is needed they will contact you with an appointment date/time.

No one can tell you if you'll be successfully awarded again because no one knows how your conditions affect you.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 1,966 Pioneering
    Good luck with your review @earthchild23 and hopefully it doesn't take too long.
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,082 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @earthchild23 glad you have joined and good luck with your review as said it all depends on how your condition affects your daily living and not really about if you see the care team though this will be taken into consideration 

Let us know how you get on 
  • earthchild23earthchild23 Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    edited October 2020
    Hi @poppy123456 @janer1967 @Ross_Scope
    hope you are all well?

yes my condition does effect me in many ways from flashbacks of abuse, getting tics and anxious, depressed days, body image, having to cope with being told I’m suffering parronia when I’m trying to understand things, having no energy to even look after my self and son without support, who has a disability and then constantly relying on my partner for things I should be able to do. 

That’s just a few things that I’m affected by if I went on I’d have a book. 
    But yeah living with EUPD, psychosis and OCD with anxiety and Depressive Disorder is complicated they are all either in a relationship with one another or working against you mentally! *

Where at times he feels he’s just a helper. It’s awful needing encouragement everyday and relying on my partner and because he’s so strong minded it feels he and family don’t always get it. (Sorry to vent) 
    I just want to be able to say this when I have my consultation.
    im hoping it will be over the phone. 

Thankyou for getting back to me guys. 😊
    There's no need to apologise @earthchild23, whether you need to vent or just want to talk about how you're feeling, this community is always here for you :) 

I can understand why you don't like relying on your partner, but I'm sure he loves you dearly and doesn't mind at all. Hopefully one day soon though you can get to a place where you feel more comfortable about the level of dependency you have on him for certain things. And of course I hope the PIP review goes well, which I'm sure will lift stress off your shoulders.

I have a strange dynamic with my partner where we both rely on each other for certain things, because we each have vastly different aspects of life that we struggle with, with me for example it's anything visual because I'm sight impaired.  I'm sure your partner relies on you for certain things, like we all do with our significant other halves to a degree.

Make sure you let us know how you get on with your review.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    Hi @Ross_Scope
    thankyou for getting back to me yes it’s difficult and because this Illness/disability is invisible I find it hard to explain without getting fustrated and angry about how it affects me, I understand everyone else has there struggles too but I just find it annoying that we have to have these reviews when it’s clear these conditions are permanent and keep fluctuating.
    yes I hate having to rely on my partner but at the same time I’m happy I have him and do appreciate him, but it impacts us that we don’t get to go out even though we can’t due to pandemic because of my social anxieties. 
    I understand you feel the same about your partner to a degree but have leant to understand it and also appreciate them. 

Yes for now it’s going to be the anxiety of waiting for the review to go through and hoping they have enough to continue my award. 

Thanks for listening.

😊

Yeah, I'm sorry that the pandemic has made things much more difficult for you @earthchild23, hopefully the community can help you by providing a safe space for you to have fun and talk with others :) 

I will keep my fingers crossed for your review.

@Ross_Scope Yes it’s been difficult for everyone but personally it’s done my mental health no favours no idea how I’m still here after the thoughts I’ve had.
    yes I know it’s safe here so I am happy to share certain things. 
    I am indeed worried about the review do you have any idea about how long it can take? 

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,110 Disability Gamechanger
    do you have any idea about how long it can take? 

There's no timescales for any decision but my advice is to expect a telephone assessment because most people have them.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,680 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @earthchild23, just wanted to check in. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Yes and Thankyou @Chloe_Scope  😊
    Update.. 
    since this review I’ve had a second extension to Aug 2021. 
    I’ve called up and explained it’s not clear whether that’s my new award or a extension on current claim as it’s come after I’ve found it’s with a decision maker. 
    Basically they have till 2021 to decide my new award so that’s why you still recieve a review in this extension time incase anyone wondered. Also I’ve been told to expect a call letter or text which isn’t very helpful with what the healthcare assessment is going to be doing next. Tbh it’s just more worrying with coronavirus going on and lockdown then not being sure if claims going to be stopped or carry on 😓. I just wish they’d do all this at the time they extend you to not during expecially with what everyone is experiencing at this time.. 
    edited November 2020
    My award was due to end in October 2020. First it was extended until April 2021. Then i received a letter with another extension until January 2022. I've not yet received my review form but it could still arrive anytime.

With your PIP review, if you haven't yet had the telephone assessment you should expect one because most people have them. Until a decision is made, at least you know your current award is in placed until August.
    Hi @poppy123456 hope you are well? 
    yeah it just seems the review will come out of the blue’ for you too but I hope it’s near to the end of your extended time. Good luck 🤞 
    yes I’m going to hold on for the call the lady said that could happen at any time too so it’s the worry I don’t miss it. 
    Thanks 
    **update**
    Still no update or contact  from Dwp about this review it’s with health professionals apparently I have to wait to see if it will be calculated on paper or if I need a telephone call, I’m going to call them again tommorow, it’s really bugging me now christmas is coming 🤦‍♀️😞
    I know it's extremely difficult to at least try to relax but please just try. To constantly ring them isn't going to help, it will only cause you even more anxiety and stress and that's the last thing you want on top of everything else.

Your award is in place until August 2021, so it gives plenty of time for a decision to made.
    Yeah you’re right @poppy123456 just so much things bugging me lately need to take a chill pill if they ever invent one and wait for outcome 
    Update..
    posted my sons DLA review form yesterday, the letter says it is to be done now to be worked out for feb 2021 when his current claim ends, we’d filled it out at end of November but was just holding off to delay the anxiety and stress that I feel with the process. 
    Im still waiting for information on my claim I guess it’ll be a surprise in time for Christmas, as the lady said when I called previously it would be done for Christmas.
    Wish us Luck  🤞 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,376 Disability Gamechanger
    @earthchild23 Good luck with both, we have our fingers firmly crossed.  Please keep us updated.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Hello 👋 hope you all had a good
    Christmas 🎄 now to look
    forward to a safer and more positive new year ! 🥰
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,747 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @earthchild23 :) You too! 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your message. I hope you had a good Christmas too, & are looking forward to a better New Year. :)
    @Tori_Scope and @chiarieds
    yes the new year came but can’t say it started well, back in that cycle of depression and being low due to lockdown. And I’m top of that got my letter through for PIP review it’s next week over the phone. Still awaiting sons DLA I’ll keep you updated on what happens from now. Hopefully this year health professionals will give us both information about our needs 🤞. Testing times for sure, I do hope you are all coping. 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,747 Disability Gamechanger
    It's certainly been a challenging start to the year @earthchild23. Are your mental health team aware that you're struggling a little more at the moment?

Good luck with the telephone assessment. Please just remember that you can only do your best. Be honest, and ask them to repeat their questions if you don't feel you understand what they're asking.

Yes, please do keep us updated on your son's DLA.

Indeed, fingers crossed :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 628 Pioneering
    @earthchild23 hi there I my self have ptsd pychosis ocd and anxiety I get pip high aware for daily and lower for mobility . My partner looks after me he works full time and looks after me but I’m also under mental health community team they contact me weekly . I was under crisis team when I applied for pip . My award was for 2 and half years not done a review yet and I will be panicking also as I know how much pip really helps for independence . I wish you all the best with it and I’m sure it will work out let us know xx
    Hi @Tori_Scope, this is beyond struggling this is my normal lol it could be worse I’m just getting through like everyone else with this pandemic. I’ll get in touch if I feel I’m going over edge again or family will, but it’s something we can’t help at the moment. 
    Thanks for heads up with phone call assessment, and I will keep you all updated. 

Hi @cupcake88, yes I have MH illness I’ve outline it above I have many mental labels too and been through community and social care teams just awaiting my next appointment next month with psychiatrist. Yeah I hope I get same award again too, unsettling times. You take care too 

Sign in or join us to comment.