Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Strange esa letter

angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
Hi everyone,  I received a letter for my autistic son today dated 31st October 2020 as I'm his appointee,  it said due to a change a decision has been made you are in the support group,  but the last page where it shows how your money is made up said this amount applies from 31St October to 4th December 2020, I'm confused now as we haven't had any sort of review form to fill in or any phone calls,  does the dates on the last page mean he won't be paid after 4th December 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Most ESA letters make no sense at all. I can only assume that this will be related to the £10 chirstmas bonus. ESA support group is an ongoing award and payment will never stop until a decision is made that will either place you in the WRAG or you're found fit for work.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've been so worried for him,  and as I'm his appointee I have to deal with his forms which is so stressful being in poor health myself 
    You're welcome,

Yes, i know that feeling. I'm my daughters appointee and it's difficult dealing with mine and hers. They send these letters to everyone each year and they totally confuse a lot of people.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    It was confusing when it said at the beginning we have looked at your claim again following a recent change,  this is because of a decision on your capability to work,  you have been placed in the support group,  but he's always been in the support group and as i said we haven't had any forms etc to fill in 
  • Parrot123Parrot123 Member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    angnryan said:
    Hi everyone,  I received a letter for my autistic son today dated 31st October 2020 as I'm his appointee,  it said due to a change a decision has been made you are in the support group,  but the last page where it shows how your money is made up said this amount applies from 31St October to 4th December 2020, I'm confused now as we haven't had any sort of review form to fill in or any phone calls,  does the dates on the last page mean he won't be paid after 4th December 

• Parrot123Parrot123 Member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Hello. It should be backdated Will
    Parrot123 said:
    Hello. It should be backdated Will

Not sure what you mean by this, there's nothing to be backdated because the son has always been in the Support Group.
    angnryan said:
    It was confusing when it said at the beginning we have looked at your claim again following a recent change,  this is because of a decision on your capability to work,  you have been placed in the support group,  but he's always been in the support group and as i said we haven't had any forms etc to fill in 

Are you sure you haven't received any work capability assessment form in the past several months? Even if you haven't please try not to worry, he's always been in the Support Group and he's remaining in there.

The reason it says up until 4th December is because of the Christmas bonus that's paid every year. His award won't end on 4th December.
    Thanks,  we definitely haven't had any forms even in the last few months, which is why I found it strange 
    Try not to worry, a Support Group award is always ongoing. As he was in this group anyway then it really makes no difference.
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 874 Pioneering
    Do we usually get letters about the 10 pound bonus ? I haven’t received a letter bout it ?
    x
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,264

Scope community team

Do you mean the Christmas bonus @cupcake88?

That's a good question actually, I'm not sure if they do send a letter or not. In my experience you can receive one during one year, but then not the next.

I guess we will find out :) 

If anyone is wondering what the Christmas bonus is, and if you are eligible, you can find information about it here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    Thank you . I get pip so I should get one hopefully .
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,264

Scope community team

Hopefully so @cupcake88 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    cupcake88 said:
    Do we usually get letters about the 10 pound bonus ? I haven’t received a letter bout it ?
    x

Yup they do but it's likely you'll receive the £10 before the letter... try not to spend it all at once though lol
    lol lol I’ll make sure I save it ha xx 
Sign in or join us to comment.