Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

I was on enhanced disability premium and they stop it without me knowing why can anyone tell me why?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Enhanced disability premium.

Replies

• marcushodgkiss93marcushodgkiss93 Member Posts: 145 Connected
    Hi can you help me please back in 2018 i was on enhanced disability premium and receiving £175.09 every to weeks and they stop it with out me knowing why can any one tell me why when I never reported a change or anything 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hi can you help me please back in 2018 i was on enhanced disability premium and receiving £175.09 every to weeks and they stop it with out me knowing why can any one tell me why when I never reported a change or anything 

HI,

There's no such benefit on it's own as enhanced disability premium. This is a disability premium added to certain means tested benefits like Income Related ESA.

If your benefits stopped in 2018 did you ring DWP at the time to ask them why your benefits stopped?

Looking back at various past threads of yours i see that you've asked about various benefits in the past. I also see that you're claiming PIP.

If you're not claiming any other benefits and you're not working or you haven't working in the previous 2 tax years and paid the correct about amount NI contributions then the only benefit that you could claim now is Universal Credit. Whether you're entitled to this will totally depend on your circumstances. If you live with a partner, you claim as a couple. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 then you're excluded from claiming UC.

It's extremely difficult to give you any advice without knowing all of your circumstances. I'd advise you to speak to an advice agency near you and they will do a full benefits check for you based on all of your circumstances.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I was getting EESA £175.09 every 2 weeks I have bank statements to prove this and yes there looking at what arrears they owe me. 
    I was getting EESA £175.09 every 2 weeks I have bank statements to prove this and yes there looking at what arrears they owe me. 

You haven't given any details at all for anyone to be able to help or advise you firther and without more information it's impossible to give you any advice.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    What you mean with out what information I have just given you some information 
    What you mean with out what information I have just given you some information 

You haven't given enough of information. We can't tell you why your ESA stopped, only DWP can tell you that. We could only guess the reasons why. You need to speak to DWP.
    What would be the reason please I an just asking 
    What would the reason why it would have stopped 
    What would be the reason please I an just asking 

I have no idea sorry. You will need to speak to DWP and they will tell the reason why it's stopped.
    I know but could you tell me some resons why it might have been stopped 
    We are not DWP and only they will be able to tell you the reason why it stopped. They open on Monday morning at 8am and the number you need to ring is 0800 169 0310.
    I know but could you tell me some resons why it might have been stopped 

No. I realise it's very frustrating not knowing the reasons why but we can only guess those reasons. Please ring DWP first thing Monday morning when they open again.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @marcushodgkiss93 :) Just so you know, I made your comments into a post of their own. 

Did you manage to ring the DWP today? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,941 Scope community team
    Hello @marcushodgkiss93, it must be very stressful to suddenly find your money stopped with no reason given.
    How recently did they stop this? Have you had a re-assessment for ESA any time recently? 

Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.