Employment and careers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

What effect should my grievance appeal have on any disciplinary hearings?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Disciplinary Hearing via Phone / internet.

Replies

• Starkey77Starkey77 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi 
    I’ve had a grievance appeal of a failure to provide reasonable adjustments at work and failure to follow the company’s tailored adjustment policy upheld. They have only addressed my needs as far as a hearing loop goes. I’ve since been given a whole raft of adjustments following an A2W and OH assessment whilst suspended. Yet, they haven’t acknowledged that these were should have been offered two years ago. I’ve been suspended for allegations of gross misconduct that are related to my disability. What effect should this appeal result have on any disciplinary proceedings? 

I’m still suspended and have been since Aug 2019. 
  • Starkey77Starkey77 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Anyone able to help? Or should the disciplinary still go ahead without any further review following an admission from the employer that RA's were not provided or policy followed correctly..

Thanks
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,462 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

I think I gave advised before 

Disciplinary would be separate procedure to grievance 

It is not normal to be suspended for this length if time 

You need to get some expert advice without knowing all the details nobody on here can comment 

I suggest you contact ACAS for advice 
Sign in or join us to comment.