Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Working tax credit

marcushodgkiss93marcushodgkiss93 Member Posts: 120 Connected
Am I able to get a top up of working tax credit as I get enached rate of personal independent payment if so how do I apply as I am not effected by benefit cap 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,187 Disability Gamechanger

I have given you all the benefit advice that's available over more than several different threads and i've also spent a huge amount of time trying to advise you. This is just one of the threads. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75438/terminal-illness#latest

You are claiming Universal Credit and PIP and you can't claim tax credits because it no longer exists for you. Once you claim UC you can't go back to claiming the old legacy benefits.

I realise you must be searching the internet to see what other benefits you can claim because you also asked about pension credit last week. You are claiming everything you're entitled to and there's no other benefits you can claim. Maybe you should stop searching because you're getting confused by all the different benefits.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 1,319 Pioneering
    Hi  poppy could you please help me I am on universal credit  I get the extra as I have a disability  it mentions  on my journal that a benefit cap my happen this year 

Can you confirm that if you have a disability  that the benefit cap won't affect me  I live in Wales 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi  poppy could you please help me I am on universal credit  I get the extra as I have a disability  it mentions  on my journal that a benefit cap my happen this year 

Can you confirm that if you have a disability  that the benefit cap won't affect me  I live in Wales 

Always happy to help! This sounds like it's the standard message for everyone if you've been working previously because of the 9 month grace period. If you're claiming the LCWRA element then you'll be excluded from the benefit cap for as long you you remain entitled to the LCWRA element.

Claiming a disability benefit such as PIP/DLA also excludes you from the benefit cap. Please see link for confirmation.

Hope this helps :)

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you very much poppy for clarifying that for me 

That was very helpful  thank you for your kindness 

Hope you have had a good dsyc
    @lisathomas50 you are most welcome.
Sign in or join us to comment.