Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Jan 2021 shielding letter

angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
edited January 9 in Disabled people
Hi, has anyone received the shielding letter yet from prime ministers lockdown announcements on 4the January 2021
Tagged:

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,204 Disability Gamechanger
    I have read a couple of comments on here where people claim to have had the letter, I say "claim"because one said they'd received it on Jan 5th !
    Did you shield in the first lockdown? if so my advice would be to shield now.
  • angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
    Yes shielded last time was just wondering when the letter will come and also the VIT D they promised I'm in the UK by the way, if this makes a difference to when letters are sent out 
  • vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 217 Pioneering
        I got an email on the 7th but no letter as yet
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,424 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 9
    Hi @angnryan

This link takes you to the 'Get vitamin D supplements' webpage.  You apply using your NHS number and it says there is a deadline in a couple of days:
    We'll share your name and address with a partner provider working with DHSC and they will send you 4 months' supply of supplements from January 2021.
    You can make 1 application for vitamin D supplements. You need to apply before Monday 11 January 2021.

So if you haven't already applied, I'd try to do it quickly!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • CressCress Member Posts: 333 Pioneering
    Yeah, got mine emailed on 7th.

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I have had one which is a surprise as it was 12 weeks into last lockdown till I got a letter 
  • CressidaCressida Member Posts: 544 Pioneering
    Yes email received 3 days ago and letter usually arrives about 3 weeks later. 
  • angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
    All I have had as yet is a text on 30th December  it just says all clinically extremely vulnerable people in tier 4 should shield, I'm worrying they have taken me off the shielding list as I've still not had a letter,  can anyone help please 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,212 Disability Gamechanger
    angnryan said:
    All I have had as yet is a text on 30th December  it just says all clinically extremely vulnerable people in tier 4 should shield, I'm worrying they have taken me off the shielding list as I've still not had a letter,  can anyone help please 

Shielding again wasn't announced until 4th January and it could take a few weeks to receive the letter. If you received the letter during the first lockdown then you should receive the letter this time.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 217 Pioneering
       My shielding letter just arrived, dated the 7th same date as my email.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,013 Pioneering
    Glad it finally arrived @vikingqueen
    :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.