Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Todays dinner was steak....

KarmaMarKarmaMar Member - under moderation Posts: 73 Courageous

I had steak, 70's(?) style with chips, fried onions and mushrooms, it was nice, but steak was a bit chewy, didn't tenderise it but it was a pack of 2 so I might put soy sauce over the second now to get it ready for tomorrow.

a new for me instead of using sunflower oil to fry the chips I used beef dripping, way faster cooking them! I par boil the chips first before frying, it works as good as the 2 frying technique, at least I think it does.

I got the idea from watching youtube video on Belgium fries and they used beef dripping.

I remember in the 80's when I was a waiter it was steak au poivre, ordinary steak was not good enough then and the chef would throw a fit when a customer asked for an old fashioned steak, he also threw a wobbly when they asked for their steak au poivre rare etc. lol. "it only comes ONE way!"

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,947 Disability Gamechanger
    I love a decent steak don't mind a bit of blood with it, few chips fried onions and mushrooms and if i'm feeling adventurous some peppercorn sauce. mmmmmmm
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,467 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't have steak anywhere near as often as I should, thanks for sharing @KarmaMar :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 4,304 Disability Gamechanger
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,398 Disability Gamechanger
    I like a good rib eye steak with fried onions , mushrooms and peppers and pepper sauce . 

Steak cooked medium rare 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Rib eye steak is my favourite, cooked medium rare, with fried mushrooms and chips cooked in my actifry ...yummy!
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.